Menu

Scammers (Amazon)

sheryl

I just rec'd an email from Amazon  stating they froze my acct due to unusual activity.  Well, I don't have an acct.   We order from my dh's acct which is "our"  acct connected with his email, etc.   

After reading that, I immediately signed in successfully to Amazon.

Beware there may be scammers out there claiming to be Amazon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sheryl said:

I just rec'd an email from Amazon  stating they froze my acct due to unusual activity.  Well, I don't have an acct.   We order from my dh's acct which is "our"  acct connected with his email, etc.   

After reading that, I immediately signed in successfully to Amazon.

Beware there may be scammers out there claiming to be Amazon.

There are scammers claiming to be everybody.  If I wasn't expecting it (and especially if they dont' use my full name) - I automatically look at the return e-mail.  they've never had an amazon/ebay/paypal/home-depot/costco/et. return address. not ever.

eta: we have fun with the "microsoft technical dept" and our computer sending error messages . . . . which computer?  which server?  "your microsoft computer" . . . we have ____, which one is it?  dd had a buddy who said "I have 100 servers here, which one is it?"

I did have fun asking them how building seven was, did they like working there etc.. . . .Building seven was never built.

Edited by gardenmom5