Menu

Help me google this symptom

Scarlett

It is so hard to explain.  The other night I was sitting on the soft and I bent over all the way to my knees to pet the dog on the floor or something.  Suddenly I get this weird movement in my upper intestine about 3 inches right of my center.  The closest thing I can compare it to is when you first feel your baby flutter when you are pregnant.  Except this moved more like a ball moving and it hurt.  So I raised up and the pain stopped but it was sore later.  This is not the first time this has happened to me.  It feels so weird and always happens when I get myself in the slightest of binds...almost feels like something has twisted inside of me.  I had a colonoscopy in January or Feb of this year and he said I have a torturous colon and therefore twisted more than most people's.  

I have had this weird feeling before and I just always get a little weirded out by it.  I mean it feels like something is there moving around.  

I have endometriosis and it pulls things out of place. Sometimes it makes my ovaries twist when I move a certain way. It feels like something twisting on a stalk. It really hurts but passes quickly. 

I know what you are experiencing is in a different region; just wanted to reassure you that sometimes you can feel things twisting the wrong way inside. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kbutton said:

I think it sounds like it could be a hernia. 

You don’t have to have a bump to have a hernia.

I keep wondering.  That spot is still hurting/sore just under my ribs. And last night I had a pain low on my right side in the same place I hurt just before they removed my healthy appendix in 2008.  At that time a scan of my gut convinced my GP my appendix had burst.  
My first colonoscopy in jan of this year also showed I am full of diverticula but no inflammation. Maybe this pain is a flare up and maybe that is what it was in 2008. 

🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

27 minutes ago, regentrude said:

Just under your ribs on the right side? That's where the gallbladder is. Does it feel like a golf ball in there?

Not now. When I bent over it was like something rolled in my intestine almost like a popping feeling. Now it is just sore. 

I have had several people around me have gallbladders removed. None had  symptoms like this. 

I have had that happen before. It feels like when you are very pregnant and the baby sticks her foot as far out as possible and goes across the outside of your stomach. It generally stops me for a few seconds, but I wish I could watch my abdomen to see if I actually see it! I told the doctor it feels like there is a little alien in there pushing to get out.  She had no idea. It has never been sore afterwards though. It seems to be random. My gall bladder was removed (emergency), and that pain felt nothing like this. 

1 hour ago, Bambam said:

I have had that happen before. It feels like when you are very pregnant and the baby sticks her foot as far out as possible and goes across the outside of your stomach. It generally stops me for a few seconds, but I wish I could watch my abdomen to see if I actually see it! I told the doctor it feels like there is a little alien in there pushing to get out.  She had no idea. It has never been sore afterwards though. It seems to be random. My gall bladder was removed (emergency), and that pain felt nothing like this. 

Thank you!  That is exactly what it feels like!  I have never had anyone understand it before.  I think I will just ignore it for now.  Too late to get anything done before this year is up and I will have to meet a $3000 deductible which I dread.  So if like before it just goes away I will be ok with that.  It only happens maybe once a year.  And yes very random.  

20 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Thank you!  That is exactly what it feels like!  I have never had anyone understand it before.  I think I will just ignore it for now.  Too late to get anything done before this year is up and I will have to meet a $3000 deductible which I dread.  So if like before it just goes away I will be ok with that.  It only happens maybe once a year.  And yes very random.  

I'm trying to note down when it happens, what I was doing, and if anything else is going on. I think the doctor will need more info than just my strange analogy - but she understood exactly what I was talking about.  But so far, it seems random. 

I have something like that when I bend over at times.  Same place you describe. It started after having my GB removed.

My doc suspects adhesions, and when I see her in person she does some visceral manipulation (she has special training).  It’s uncomfortable at the time, but always helps, and I don’t have it for a while after that.  

However, I’m not sure you have any cause for adhesions, so this may not apply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bambam said:

I'm trying to note down when it happens, what I was doing, and if anything else is going on. I think the doctor will need more info than just my strange analogy - but she understood exactly what I was talking about.  But so far, it seems random. 

29 minutes ago, Spryte said:

I have something like that when I bend over at times.  Same place you describe. It started after having my GB removed.

My doc suspects adhesions, and when I see her in person she does some visceral manipulation (she has special training).  It’s uncomfortable at the time, but always helps, and I don’t have it for a while after that.  

However, I’m not sure you have any cause for adhesions, so this may not apply.

I had a thought earlier.  It hurts in the sore spot when I cough.  And I thought, 'That feels similar to what I hear people say when they have a rib out of place or broken.'  Then I started wondering if it could be that bottom rib rolling over something and making it sore?  I am not the best at anatomy...I tried googling  pics, but I don't know for sure that is possible.

@Scarlett! I remember having something just like this in my 20's. I worried about it and I remember trying to see if I could feel something there. My mom said I probably just had a "floating rib." Well, I googled floating rib and came upon "slipping rib syndrome," which "occurs when the cartilage on a person’s lower ribs slips and moves." Symptoms:

• intermittent sharp stabbing pain in the upper abdomen or back, followed by a dull, achy sensation
  • slipping, popping, or clicking sensations in the lower ribs
  • difficulty breathing
  • worsening of symptoms when bending, lifting, coughing, sneezing, deep breathing, stretching, or turning in bed
  • Most cases of slipping rib syndrome occur on one side (unilateral)

Could this be it?

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MercyA said:

@Scarlett! I remember having something just like this in my 20's. I worried about it and I remember trying to see if I could feel something there. My mom said I probably just had a "floating rib." Well, I googled floating rib and came upon "slipping rib syndrome." Symptoms:

• intermittent sharp stabbing pain in the upper abdomen or back, followed by a dull, achy sensation
  • slipping, popping, or clicking sensations in the lower ribs
  • difficulty breathing
  • worsening of symptoms when bending, lifting, coughing, sneezing, deep breathing, stretching, or turning in bed
  • Most cases of slipping rib syndrome occur on one side (unilateral)

Could this be it?

Yes!  Wow, it totally makes me feel better that it is not my intestines.  

• Like 1