Menu

Looking for candied or spicy or cinnamon mixed nuts recipe I can share with others

Dynamite5

I just made 4 pounds of candied pecans tonight!  It's so easy! This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and salty.  Everybody raves about them and I give them for Christmas gifts each year. I'm sure you can use any kind of nut and it would taste great.

Here is the recipe:

1 lb. of pecan halves

1 c. of white sugar

1 t. cinnamon

1 t. salt

1 egg white

1/2 T. vanilla

1/2 T. water

Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt together in a bowl.  In a separate bowl whisk egg white, water and vanilla until foamy and frothy.  Stir pecans in the egg mixture until all are coated.  Pour sugar mixture over the nuts and mix well.  Lay in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 250 degree oven for 1 hour.  It's very important that you stir and mix the nuts every 15 minutes they are in the oven. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Toocrazy!! said:

These are delicious! I post every year because I make them every year. I don’t find them too spicy, but people who don’t like spice probably will. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.food.com/amp/recipe/honey-chipotle-pecans-128373

My kitchen smells AMAZING!! My children are drooling--thank you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Oh boy! My dad just gave me two quart bags of shelled pecans (from the trees in his yard). I believe I'll be making something yummy from this thread!!

@Lori D. - how spicy would you say your recipe is? I have all that on hand (and I love a sweet-spicy mix) but my kiddos are heat-wimps. 😛 

It is the kind of spiciness that "builds" -- like, you don't notice it at first, but by the time you're swallowing you feel a bit of heat; and if you eat several, you definitely "taste the heat". 😉 BUT... we all like spicy, and I think DH is a bit generous with the cayenne when he makes these. 😉 

You might try reducing spiciness by reducing the amount of cayenne by half or more -- so instead of 1/2 tsp for 1 batch, maybe try 1/4 tsp, or even 1/8 tsp for 1 batch. And if that's not enough spice for you, that could be the kiddos batch, and the next batch can be for you. 😄 

• Like 2

On 12/16/2020 at 11:15 AM, VickiMNE said:

@Dynamite5 Do you have a link or recipe for the rosemary nuts?  TIA!

It's here

I will confess that I made this recipe twice--the first time I was super tired and accidentally skipped the cumin. The next morning, I made a batch with the cumin. We all liked the nuts without cumin--even though we LOVE cumin! So go figure! But I think you'll love these nuts. They've been a huge hit.

9 hours ago, Dynamite5 said:

t's here

I will confess that I made this recipe twice--the first time I was super tired and accidentally skipped the cumin. The next morning, I made a batch with the cumin. We all liked the nuts without cumin--even though we LOVE cumin! So go figure! But I think you'll love these nuts. They've been a huge hit.

Thank you!  The recipe is printed and I look forward to trying it out--both ways! 😉

• Like 1