Menu

Hi just wondering how you are Happysmileylady?

Scarlett

2 hours ago, katilac said:

Scarlett, maybe put her name in the title in case she's just skimming? I know I don't get alerts when someone "@" my name

I tried and it would not let me. Oh wait I can just do it without the tag.  

Edited by Scarlett

• Scarlett changed the title to Hi just wondering how you are Happysmileylady?
1 minute ago, happysmileylady said:

Thank you for thinking of me ladies.

I have ok days and bad days.  The kids seem to be doing ok.  DS8 and DD10 seem to be handling it in a very "matter of fact" sort of way.  DD12 seems to be processing, but it's hard to tell.  

We are living with my parents for right now and looking to move into our own rental out here soon.  Landlord at the old place agreed to let me out of the lease so I am hoping to find something before Christmas.  But I still don't have certificates yet and without those I can't submit for any of the insurances or retirement accounts.  

I am trying to get the kids started doing some school again, last week was our first week since before Halloween.  And of course there's not a lot of room here at my parents for all our school stuff, so it's mostly pretty light on school.

Oh wow.  Will you be ok when the insurance comes through? Will you have to go to work?

When you submit for insurance, send it with tracking, preferably return receipt.  And if 30 days pass and you haven't received payment, call and threaten a lawyer and the insurance commissioner in your state.  Those words will get a manager involved and get checks overnighted to you.  And if that doesn't happen, actually file a complaint with the insurance commissioner.  I've worked for one of the larger life insurance companies who ROUTINELY didn't pay out the claims until threatened.  Even if 6-8 months had passed.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

Oh, I totally have plenty of savings.  All the debt was in his name, and was all student loans, so there's no one to be worried about paying with what I have, except for general life expenses.  Rent and utilities are already paid for December, and I have more than enough in savings to handle move/rent/security deposit/etc, plus still have an emergency fund for a while.  I won't need to go back to work for quite a while.  The move back to this area is more for the support factor.  Not only are my parents here, but DD24 lives in the area, my sister and her family, and my brother is closer to this area than he was to the previous area.  

Ok, that is wonderful news.  So how far away was your family? How far was the move?