Menu

Looking for a gift idea for a great-niece who is turning two; my budget is ten dollars.

Kareni

I'm shopping for a great-niece who is turning two. I already have a book for her, but I'd like to add something else. My remaining budget is ten dollars, and I'm planning to shop with Amazon. I've only met this great-niece once, so I don't know her well. Suggestions would definitely be appreciated!

Regards,

Kareni

Which book?  I love toys that connect books and play, so if the book had an animal, for example, I could see getting a stuffed animal to go with.

Here are some things my boys liked

Dot markers

Play food

Trucks

Bath toys

Balls

Toy animals

apron

Two things I couldn't find on Amazon that you can sometimes get at that price range are tutus (easy to put on than princess dresses) and baby dollr stroller (my youngest's favorite toy at that age)

• Like 1

Thank you for the many ideas; I'm researching them all! I've yet to make a final decision, so more suggestions are definitely welcome. 

I'm currently leaning towards Rattle 'n Rock Maracas, thank you, @rebcoola. All my searching reminded me of a sturdy yellow wind up music box with a handle that my daughter had at that age that she loved. We'd occasionally wake up in the middle of the night and hear Somewhere over the Rainbow coming from her room. I can't find anything quite like it, but this (though higher than my budget) looks enticing: Soothe and glow giraffe.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2

These were big hits when my great-nieces & nephews were between 2-4 years old:

Crayola Bath Dropz - these fizz and color the bathwater

Bathtub Crayons - these wash of very easily, according to my niece - I don't remember what brand I got her but this one falls in your price range

Crayola Bathtub Fingerpaint - the name says it all 

• Like 1