Menu

S/O movies--help me find this one, please

Jaybee

In the late 70s or very early 80s, I saw a movie on TV that I just loved. I have no idea if it was really any good, or just stupid but hitting me at the right spot that night. It was about a teacher (I think) who went to Appalachia with high plans to change people. There was a man from there who was a Vietnam vet and educated, with whom she clashed, but in Hallmark style, they inevitably fell in love. Their clashes were often because she was pushing for change, and he was trying to show her the true heart of the people. At least one of the theme songs was You Are My Sunshine. It might be cheesy as all getout, but I'd like to watch it again if I can find it. Did anybody else see this? I have no idea who played in it or anything.

For some reason, I didn't see your replies. Sorry about that. It's definitely not Christy. That book (not the movie/shows) is one of my very favorite books ever. I felt the show didn't do the book justice at all. I enjoyed the show on a certain level, but was always miffed because the characters didn't fit how I had them in my head, and the show altered things that I felt changed the integrity/character of some of the characters. This movie was somewhat different in approach, etc. I'm really tired tonight, but I'll look at these other suggestions tomorrow. Thanks!