Menu

Sometimes I want a 5th kid, but I'm already 40.

staceyobu

Ds and I are 50.  We adopted our daughter when we were 40 and she was 2 1/2.  She’s 13 now and honestly, I’m starting to envy my friends who had kids younger and are done with the day to day kid run thing.  I want to have a “new” path aside from raising children.  Some of our friends our age have grandchilden.  Age really starts to catch up with you.   I’m not sad that we adopted, but I really rally wish we could have had children when we were younger.  

• Like 1

I had #5 just a couple of weeks before I turned 42. We thought we were done after #4. He was a total surprise. It's a huge adjustment going from kids who can do everything themselves back to babies. Also, the age difference for the youngest two is 5 years and he is basically an only child since the girls don't really want to play with him. It's getting a little better but they really don't want to deal with young kid angst when playing. My oldest was 13 when his brother was born. He was so happy to finally have a brother. He doesn't live with us anymore but when he's visiting little brother doesn't give him a moment of peace.