Menu

How Long Are SAT 2 Subject Tests?

DS is taking two SAT 2 Subject Tests this Saturday. Admission ticket says be there by 7:45 and testing starts between 8:30 and 9am. If he has two, what time should we be planning to pick him up?

He's taking it on a college campus that neither of us are familiar with, so I don't want him to have to get out of testing and then call us and wait for us to drive from home! Any help would be appreciated. Googling is not giving me answers!

An hour each.  I'm not sure about taking 2 on the same day.

But...my boys took it in August and they got started late.  The were supposed to be out by 9:30 and they didn't come out until around 10:30.  I had just put my masks on to go in to find out what was going on.

Also, the school had all the kids report to one door, but on the door were signs telling the kids what door to report to depending on their tests.  We got there early and I had one of my boys go see what was on the door.  The SAT2 was to report to that door.  But...the SAT and the SAT with essay were to report to different doors.  At some point, the kids stopped reading the door and just started lining up at the wrong door (if they were taking the regular SAT or SAT with essay).  No one from the school came out to let the kids know any of this.  I finally had my boys go get in the line just in case.  At about 7:55, I went to the door myself and just then a guy came out to tell the SAT2 kids to come in (they should have been going in earlier).  Still no one went to tell all those poor kids they were at the wrong door.  I finally started telling everyone as I was walking down to get my kids.  There were all these poor kids scurrying around to find out what door they were supposed to be at (and some of them were a hike as this was a large high school) and they were definitely going to be late.

Anyway, all the tests at the school started late.  I just wanted to give you a heads up so you know to check for more information on the door they have him reporting too.  Ours was at a high school. 

Edited by mlktwins
  • Sad 1

SAT Subject tests are 1 hour each, and a student may take up to 3 different SAT Subject tests on one test day. Not all Subject Tests are offered on each testing day. See this College Board website for more.
As far as how the testing process is actually running during Covid... 🤷‍♀️
Wishing you all the BEST of luck in testing (and pick up!). Warmest regards, Lori D.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mlktwins said:

@shburks

How did things go for your son today?

Very well, thank you. He said there were only a few of them taking Subject Tests. Everyone else was doing regular SAT. Perhaps because there were so few of them, they were able to start the first test quickly. He was done with both of them by 10:35!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, shburks said:

Very well, thank you. He said there were only a few of them taking Subject Tests. Everyone else was doing regular SAT. Perhaps because there were so few of them, they were able to start the first test quickly. He was done with both of them by 10:35!

That's great!  Yes, there were about 20 in my boys' test.  That was the good part of the experience :-).