Menu

December Well-Trained Bodies

Soror

Just checking in, since it's been a bit. (I post on the Daily Movement threads every day, but try to save up and pop in here every week or two.)

In terms of my December goals, I'd say I'm at about 50-60% success. I've been keeping up pretty well with the exercise stuff:

• 370.5/480.9 miles of my stationary bike ride along the Camino de Santiago - on track to finish by the end of the month.
  • 60.1/50K for the Holiday Hustle. I had planned to finish this one by the end of the month, too, but once I started ticking off the bonus challenges, I got ahead of pace pretty quickly. I'll keep logging through the end of the month, anyway, just for fun, and because there are two more bonus challenges to complete.
  • 6/12 Days of Fitmas. This one is actually too advanced/demanding for me, but I am muddling through because I like the theming and I've come this far. I'm considering signing up for a beginner level challenge in January.
  • Biking 30-45 minutes per day - I missed one day over this last weekend, because I got very busy with holiday stuff and just ran out of time and energy. Otherwise, though, I've been good about this one.
  • Walking at least 10,500 steps per day. Again, I missed making my goal once in the last two or three weeks--by something like 200 steps--so I feel pretty good about this goal.
  • PT twice a week. Check, except that I was informed today my insurance is cutting me off for the remainder of the year. Currently, the plan is to replace those outside sessions with some strength work at home on roughly the same schedule.

Where I'm blowing it is still food/weight. I haven't been consistently logging my food intake, and I have been just plain eating too much. I managed to whittle away two of the nearly 10 pounds I had gained, and then promptly gained them right back again. 

I really feel pretty helpless about it, because I just don't seem to have the emotional energy to manage this properly. And I can feel myself teetering on the edge of giving up.

I'm having fantasies about going away to some luxury spa/retreat, where I would be pampered in between attending a range of inspiring exercise and wellness classes and then fed beautifully prepared, healthy, low-calorie meals. I'd want to stay for at least two weeks. (If you know anything about me, you understand this as out of character enough to qualify as some sort of cry for help.)

But, since that is not going to happen for a whole host of reasons, I'm trying to stay focused on just putting one foot in front of the other until the holidays are over. 

• Like 6

No yoga and too much eating in the past few days. These are probably connected. Yesterday I used my yoga time to buzz my hair and Husband's.  I've also started work on next semester's module, so I need to rejig my timetable a bit.

Today - dog walking at lunchtime,  a strict half hour of housework after work, then yoga while Husband cooks. ETA: the weather is glorious today, so I'll try to take longer for my lunchtime walk.  I've put my Saturday swim into the family calendar so that I can have the car for low tide and good weather.

Mushroom porridge and yoghurt. Lentils and a couple of little oranges. Some kind of fish and veg.

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 5

I went for a lovely walk in the woods with a friend (super cold out at -10C, but sunny) and then went to her house where she showed me how to do Qigong (with a youtube video). It's really nice, relaxing movement, very similar to Tae-chi. I think I'll do the video (20 min) everyday as an alternative to my stretch and strength. I need a change, and I like the fact that there is no need to get down on the floor. I'm getting tired of that with yoga. 

If you want to see the link to check it out for yourself, just let me know and I'll share.

• Like 5

I finally set an appointment, I'm going tomorrow at 1. I keep feeling worse instead of better. It is weird I am just super exhausted like you get with the flu except I don't feel sick, just no energy. I took a nap after teaching this am, ate breakfast, had a bath and then laid down again. Then I got myself some cocoa and had to lay down again. 

• Sad 3

On 12/14/2020 at 11:00 PM, FarmingMomma said:

@wintermom maybe I should get some skates?! I see lots of used ones for sale on our local facebook groups.  The tiny town nearest us just got the outdoor rink going for the winter.  I've never skated in my life though (not a native Canadian :laugh:) so I'm a little nervous about hurting myself.

Yes! You should get skates. It is really fun. Do you in-line or roller skate? That would make learning to ice skate easier. If you do decide to get skates, make sure that they have a boot with really firm ankle support. You can get hockey skates (more curved, boat-shaped blade) or recreational skates (flatter blade, usually have a small pick on the tip).

You can wear a hockey helmet (recommend for beginners) to prevent head injury if you fall. You could also wear some hockey pads (knee/elbow) for protection of other body parts. Most adult beginners I see out on the ice do wear helmets - though extra pads would also be smart. It sure helps out kids when they are learning to skate and don't have to worry about every fall hurting bad.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Soror said:

I finally set an appointment, I'm going tomorrow at 1. I keep feeling worse instead of better. It is weird I am just super exhausted like you get with the flu except I don't feel sick, just no energy. I took a nap after teaching this am, ate breakfast, had a bath and then laid down again. Then I got myself some cocoa and had to lay down again. 

That's too bad. I hope you can figure out what the issue is. Did you ever test positive for covid? Some people have mentioned exhaustion as being a symptom that can linger.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wintermom said:

That's too bad. I hope you can figure out what the issue is. Did you ever test positive for covid? Some people have mentioned exhaustion as being a symptom that can linger.

19 minutes ago, Dreamergal said:

I'm back.

Right in time to see the beaver pictures. Thank you ever so much @wintermom. They truly are magical creatures. I had a vague idea of what a beaver is, but seeing something in the wild through your eyes is as close I will get to see it in real life. So thank you again for that.

@Soror I definitely second checking the COVID issue. One of the symptoms is exhaustion that lingers. People with your profile of eating healthy and exercising have also got it bad, so I would definitely look into it. Hope you figure out the issue.

Speaking of COVID, my BIL who is a doctor in the UK took the Pfizer vaccine today. It is a 2 stage shot. He feels fine so far. 

As for me, I did not realize how much I depended on this thread for accountability. It has been cold outside, normal cold as in 30s and 40s, not TX cold, So really cold for us and we are huddling indoors. Thus no playing and I dragged my feet to exercise. I finally jumped on the elliptical today and then rowed a bit. 

Have a good one !

I never tested for Covid. I felt a little blah around the time ds had it but subsequently tested negative for antibodies (could have been too soon to show or I just didn't have it IDK). I've been fine since then so if it is a COVID thing it would have to of been recent infection that was asymptomatic. I also had petechiae on my upper thighs/hips this weekend and I can't see that listed as related to COVID at all. I just feel really off. Maybe it is related to the stomach pain I had awhile ago? My appetite is wonky. I was starving, Then no appetite and then today I've noticed I feel better after I eat. I just can't quite describe it. I thought it was iron levels maybe but I don't think so now, the fatigue has worsened after my cycle and feels different. Like I'm not just low energy but really tired, can't keep my eyes open. 

• Sad 3

I went for a lovely walk in the woods with a friend (super cold out at -10C, but sunny) and then went to her house where she showed me how to do Qigong (with a youtube video). It's really nice, relaxing movement, very similar to Tae-chi. I think I'll do the video (20 min) everyday as an alternative to my stretch and strength. I need a change, and I like the fact that there is no need to get down on the floor. I'm getting tired of that with yoga. 

If you want to see the link to check it out for yourself, just let me know and I'll share.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Soror said:

I never tested for Covid. I felt a little blah around the time ds had it but subsequently tested negative for antibodies (could have been too soon to show or I just didn't have it IDK). I've been fine since then so if it is a COVID thing it would have to of been recent infection that was asymptomatic. I also had petechiae on my upper thighs/hips this weekend and I can't see that listed as related to COVID at all. I just feel really off. Maybe it is related to the stomach pain I had awhile ago? My appetite is wonky. I was starving, Then no appetite and then today I've noticed I feel better after I eat. I just can't quite describe it. I thought it was iron levels maybe but I don't think so now, the fatigue has worsened after my cycle and feels different. Like I'm not just low energy but really tired, can't keep my eyes open. 

Rashes are seen in 8 percent of cases. This is a large scale study 

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/covid-asymptomatic-classic-symptoms

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Rashes are seen in 8 percent of cases. This is a large scale study 

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/covid-asymptomatic-classic-symptoms

I don't think this was a rash. It was not raised, it did not itch. And from that description my skin didn't have anything like 3 three types of rashes they are talking about as COVID type rashes.

I still feel horrible today. Slept ok but just too damn tired.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

I'm back.

Right in time to see the beaver pictures. Thank you ever so much @wintermom. They truly are magical creatures. I had a vague idea of what a beaver is, but seeing something in the wild through your eyes is as close I will get to see it in real life. So thank you again for that.

@Soror I definitely second checking the COVID issue. One of the symptoms is exhaustion that lingers. People with your profile of eating healthy and exercising have also got it bad, so I would definitely look into it. Hope you figure out the issue.

Speaking of COVID, my BIL who is a doctor in the UK took the Pfizer vaccine today. It is a 2 stage shot. He feels fine so far. 

As for me, I did not realize how much I depended on this thread for accountability. It has been cold outside, normal cold as in 30s and 40s, not TX cold, So really cold for us and we are huddling indoors. Thus no playing and I dragged my feet to exercise. I finally jumped on the elliptical today and then rowed a bit. 

Have a good one !

I love this thread, too. Not so much for accountability, as I'm driven to move without motivation (I'll even run up and down my hallways if necessary - to the amusement of my family), but I enjoy the social aspect. It's fun to hear about what others are doing and share my experiences.  

Re: beavers in Canada; they are sometimes seen as pests, and with the amount of change they can have on their immediate environment with water levels and tree use, I can see how some farmers or building developers would prefer to remove or relocate them. I LOVE the practical research that Scotland is doing with reintroducing beavers into specific areas for the benefit of land development. Europe is so far ahead of North America in terms of 'lessons learned' through mistakes made with respect to the environment. It would make sense for us to take note and try to prevent these mistakes, but it seems like we'd rather 'pee on the electric fence' and find out ourselves. 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreamergal said:

I can see how farmers want to relocate them, but screw developers. Beavers are so magical. I hope a compromise like Scotland is there so these creatures can survive in the wild and not just in zoos.

It's a darker tale than it seems, however.   Beavers are being introduced to cause flooding upstream so that towns downstream don't get flooded.  A lot of the downstream flooding is due to inappropriate development and hedge removal on flood plains.  And the beavers have to be introduced because they were all killed off in the UK in the 16th century.

Yesterday: short dog walk at lunchtime then longer yoga.

Today: lovely walk with a friend at lunch.  Dry weather, muddy underfoot.  No knights in the woods.  In a minute I'll do some hoovering, then some yoga.

Mushroom porridge and yoghurt.  Grilled veg with parmesan and eggs.  Smoked mackerel with black winter radish and... something?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

It's a darker tale than it seems, however.   Beavers are being introduced to cause flooding upstream so that towns downstream don't get flooded.  A lot of the downstream flooding is due to inappropriate development and hedge removal on flood plains.  And the beavers have to be introduced because they were all killed off in the UK in the 16th century.

Yes, there are always conflicting agendas when it comes to land use and wildlife.  I believe that it was an Englishman (pretending to be a Native) who was instrumental in the earliest beaver preservation in Canada - the movie with Pierce Brosnan, Grey Owl, tells this fascinating story. 

It's so ironic, though, as Great Britain was instrumental in the fur trade in Canada in the first place. 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreamergal said:

I would love the link please. 

Here is the link to a nice gentle Qigong series of 8 exercises. User beware, though. These look very benign, but I strained a muscle between my ribs doing this. I've also had muscle pain from certain yoga moves. It's easy to get sore doing any activity - apparently even deep breathing. 😉 

• Like 2

Did Cardio Kickboxing today. Just under 30 minutes but one of my better workouts for getting the heart rate up.

I think Oregon is actually called the beaver state. Our local university's mascot is the beaver. I'm sure they're here somewhere, but I've never seen or heard of evidence of any. When we first moved here, we were at a pond where ducks (the other university's mascot) were swimming and playing. Then I thought I saw a beaver and thought it was cute that beavers and ducks swam together. But it turned out it was a nutria--a giant rodent and not nearly as wonderful as a beaver!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Here is the link to a nice gentle Qigong series of 8 exercises. User beware, though. These look very benign, but I strained a muscle between my ribs doing this. I've also had muscle pain from certain yoga moves. It's easy to get sore doing any activity - apparently even deep breathing. 😉 

I just noticed that the next video after the qigong exercises is self-massage!! It's awesome. 😃

• Like 2

I did a qigong session and my weekly walk in the woods with friends. It's 14F / -10C today, so lots of layers required to keep the body heat levels just right for outdoor activity. 

I'll be attending my first ever Zoom holiday social gathering within a work environment tonight. I have on my 'tacky Christmas sweater' and am trying to get some Christmas decorations in the background (to cover up the messy areas). 😉  

• Like 4

I woke up at 1 this morning and could not go back to sleep but so far have felt better than I have all week. I took my new b complex (just came in) at 5 am, which should be a boost in energy too. Dr thought it most likely a virus of some sort. And maybe I'll just get better, of course, after I went to the doctor. Fingers crossed I continue to have more energy as the day goes (although with being up so early I'm taking a nap later). Who knows. Looking forward to the call from the dr on the lab results. He said my urine test indicate a possible UTI but I haven't had any symptoms, my cultures won't be back until Monday on that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Soror said:

I woke up at 1 this morning and could not go back to sleep but so far have felt better than I have all week. I took my new b complex (just came in) at 5 am, which should be a boost in energy too. Dr thought it most likely a virus of some sort. And maybe I'll just get better, of course, after I went to the doctor. Fingers crossed I continue to have more energy as the day goes (although with being up so early I'm taking a nap later). Who knows. Looking forward to the call from the dr on the lab results. He said my urine test indicate a possible UTI but I haven't had any symptoms, my cultures won't be back until Monday on that.

Glad you are feeling slightly better. Nap when needed and be gentle with yourself. You've had a very stressful few months. Perhaps your body is finally sending up signals that you simply need rest. (((hugs)))

• Like 2

It's sunny and looks beautiful outside. It's -18C with the wind chill, though, so it's only an illusion. 😉  I'll be walking in the woods this morning and doing my qigong.

I'm still having muscle pain in those tiny muscles between the ribs.

PSA: those tiny muscles between the ribs are connected to so many movements! I can't believe the discomfort they create. 😂  It's very embarrassing to have a deep breathing injury.

• Like 3

First day of break. I did one of my longer barefoot cardio workouts that I don't feel like I have time for on a school day.

It's been 5 weeks since I injured my ring finger with the dog leash (neighbor dog followed us up to our front door and my dog turned to give chase--just a few steps, but enough). I'm pretty sure it's a pulled ligament, and some of what I can find on the internet says 3-6 weeks to heal, some says it can take months for swelling to go down, etc. I have pretty good mobility but not full range of motion, the knuckle is sore to touch, and the finger hurts if I'm using it a lot.  It's not puffy swollen, but the knuckle is pretty big. I'm hoping for significant improvement over break and that I don't have to see a doctor. It takes away any dumbbell exercise for me--don't have the grip for it and the weight on the finger would not be good.

Family splurge today will be a trip to the closest In-N-Out Burger in our state--probably an hour drive and a 2 hour wait in the drive thru. It's the only In-N-Out north of southern Oregon, it's been open about a year, and it pulls a lot of customers from Portland I think. And right on I-5. We haven't been there yet, but hey, we've got plenty of time and nothing else to do!

• Like 2

My usual: dog walk at lunchtime.  Housework and yoga after work.  Hoping for swimming tomorrow morning - it looks to be around 8 degrees C, which is quite warm, and there might be some sun.

I've been trying to get my snacking under control.  Working from home has meant that my immoderate weekend snacking has become an every-day thing.  I'm going no-snack for a bit.  Perhaps until Christmas.  Just to break the habit, if possible.

Berry porridge with yoghurt.  Mixed green beans plus eggs.  Pumpkin and black bean soup, sauteed chinese cabbage, maybe oven-baked hash browns - we have too many potatoes from the organic farm.

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

My usual: dog walk at lunchtime.  Housework and yoga after work.  Hoping for swimming tomorrow morning - it looks to be around 8 degrees C, which is quite warm, and there might be some sun.

I've been trying to get my snacking under control.  Working from home has meant that my immoderate weekend snacking has become an every-day thing.  I'm going no-snack for a bit.  Perhaps until Christmas.  Just to break the habit, if possible.

Berry porridge with yoghurt.  Mixed green beans plus eggs.  Pumpkin and black bean soup, sauteed chinese cabbage, maybe oven-baked hash browns - we have too many potatoes from the organic farm.

It's tough - especially this time of year. I think our bodies are automatically 'fueling up' for the long winter ahead. I'm trying to 'snack smart' with fruit, veg or seeds/nuts, but somehow Christmas goodies keep making their way onto my plate. 😄  Oh well, there will be a lot of cold months to work off this holiday 'bulk up.'

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I'm enjoying Yoga with Kassandra. Thank you @Sororfor the introduction.  The intermediate level is a good challenge. 

Glad to hear that!

19 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

First day of break. I did one of my longer barefoot cardio workouts that I don't feel like I have time for on a school day.

It's been 5 weeks since I injured my ring finger with the dog leash (neighbor dog followed us up to our front door and my dog turned to give chase--just a few steps, but enough). I'm pretty sure it's a pulled ligament, and some of what I can find on the internet says 3-6 weeks to heal, some says it can take months for swelling to go down, etc. I have pretty good mobility but not full range of motion, the knuckle is sore to touch, and the finger hurts if I'm using it a lot.  It's not puffy swollen, but the knuckle is pretty big. I'm hoping for significant improvement over break and that I don't have to see a doctor. It takes away any dumbbell exercise for me--don't have the grip for it and the weight on the finger would not be good.

Family splurge today will be a trip to the closest In-N-Out Burger in our state--probably an hour drive and a 2 hour wait in the drive thru. It's the only In-N-Out north of southern Oregon, it's been open about a year, and it pulls a lot of customers from Portland I think. And right on I-5. We haven't been there yet, but hey, we've got plenty of time and nothing else to do!

Have fun on your trip! Fingers crossed that finger heals.

16 hours ago, wintermom said:

It's tough - especially this time of year. I think our bodies are automatically 'fueling up' for the long winter ahead. I'm trying to 'snack smart' with fruit, veg or seeds/nuts, but somehow Christmas goodies keep making their way onto my plate. 😄  Oh well, there will be a lot of cold months to work off this holiday 'bulk up.'

LOL!

Fatigue was much better yesterday (getting over the bug or b vitamins IDK). My stomach however is bothering me more, not all the time but off and on. It is like the pain I had several weeks back. Dr thought it sounded like perhaps gallstones. I never did hear from the dr's office and when I called they had already closed, they close really early on Friday, so I have to wait until Monday.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Soror said:

Fatigue was much better yesterday (getting over the bug or b vitamins IDK). My stomach however is bothering me more, not all the time but off and on. It is like the pain I had several weeks back. Dr thought it sounded like perhaps gallstones. I never did hear from the dr's office and when I called they had already closed, they close really early on Friday, so I have to wait until Monday.

Glad you're feeling a little better. Sorry you didn't get connected with your dr.   Hope the pain goes away on its own and your energy keeps improving.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

Let us know how the trip for burgers went. It's name seems slightly off, though, if you actually want to get food and not just stick your head in the door and leave. 😉 

• Like 2

The burgers were great and the drive-thru wait was only 45 minutes. We were expecting a 2 hour wait like when they first opened a year or so ago. Still, it was a 3-hour excursion with the drive.

I did Yoga for Anxiety this morning. Not sure it really helps! At some point I learned that when I'm worried about everyone's health including the dog it's probably my own mental health that's a bit off. But I'll blame pandemic worries. Youngest dd is complaining about a painful esophagus when she swallows but no stomach acid or heartburn. It was pretty bad Thursday night, better but still there yesterday. It's not a symptom on any Covid list, but I'll still worry it's that and that we all now have it after a car ride with her. Google doesn't really help me figure out a likely cause. I think it's best for me to be busy today, and there's plenty of cleaning to do. I want to clean the kitchen really well.

• Like 2

Lovely swim this morning.  I think it was 20 lengths.  Fitbit thinks it was 36. Maybe it was counting my zigzags - I find it hard to swim on my back in a straight line when I only have the open sky above me. Air and sea temperature both around 8 degrees C. Doing a lot of tidying up for Christmas  - I'm calling that continual motion enough exercise for the rest of the day. 

Scrambled egg, wholegrain toast, tomato salad.  Roast veg, grated cheese, pear, cracker. Fishcakes and some kind of veg.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Lovely swim this morning.  I think it was 20 lengths.  Fitbit thinks it was 36. Maybe it was counting my zigzags - I find it hard to swim on my back in a straight line when I only have the open sky above me. Air and sea temperature both around 8 degrees C. Doing a lot of tidying up for Christmas  - I'm calling that continual motion enough exercise for the rest of the day. 

Scrambled egg, wholegrain toast, tomato salad.  Roast veg, grated cheese, pear, cracker. Fishcakes and some kind of veg.

Great job with the swim! I have the exact same problem with swimming on the back in out outdoors. How are you liking your wetsuit? Is there a lot of drag or too much bouyancy? I've never swam with a wetsuit, but I'm curious about how long it takes to get used to using it.

• Like 1

I ended up going for 3 different walks today. The first was the most challenging and longest; it was 2 hrs with my heavy hiking boots over rough, rocky terrain and lots of small hills. The second and third were easy, flat paths and I wore my light hiking shoes. My ribs are getting better, so I'll hold off with more qigong until I'm 100% pain-free.

• Like 4

Walked the dog this afternoon.  The path I chose was very muddy and I couldn't be bothered to continue.  Quite cast down about suddenly not being able to have all the family together at Christmas due to the new lockdowns. No more than other people are experiencing, but not what we were planning even yesterday.  I carried on to the dog field within the village, and hundreds of geese flew over on their way to roost.  I watched them until they disappeared into the sunset and felt better.

No other exercise.  Lots of packing up of packages for eldest and her partner that I can send off tomorrow. 

Berry porridge plus yoghurt.  Grilled veg and pesto with falafel.  Ham with roast purple carrots.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

@Laura Corin So sorry to hear about the flare up with new Covid strain in England. Hope you and your family all stay safe this holiday season. Big hugs to you all. Glad you can find some pleasure being outdoors.

I had the best afternoon out on a frozen pond with ds and some good friends. The ice was perfectly smooth with just a small coating of powder snow. We could skate anywhere over the surface. It was amazing! We spent 2.5 hours skating, playing hockey, and visiting. So much fun!

IMG_20201220_142341616.jpg

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 4

Just now, wintermom said:

@Laura Corin So sorry to hear about the flare up with new Covid strain in England. Hope you and your family all stay safe this holiday season. Big hugs to you all. Glad you can find some pleasure being outdoors.

I had the best afternoon out of a frozen pond with ds and some good friends. The ice was perfectly smooth with just a small coating of powder snow. We could skate anywhere over the surface. It was amazing! We spent 2.5 hours skating, playing hockey, and visiting. So much fun!

IMG_20201220_142341616.jpg

Thank you.

That looks wonderful !

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Walked the dog this afternoon.  The path I chose was very muddy and I couldn't be bothered to continue.  Quite cast down about suddenly not being able to have all the family together at Christmas due to the new lockdowns. No more than other people are experiencing, but not what we were planning even yesterday.  I carried on to the dog field within the village, and hundreds of geese flew over on their way to roost.  I watched them until they disappeared into the sunset and felt better.

No other exercise.  Lots of packing up of packages for eldest and her partner that I can send off tomorrow. 

Berry porridge plus yoghurt.  Grilled veg and pesto with falafel.  Ham with roast purple carrots.

I'm sorry, it stinks, really, really stinks.

14 hours ago, wintermom said:

I had the best afternoon out on a frozen pond with ds and some good friends. The ice was perfectly smooth with just a small coating of powder snow. We could skate anywhere over the surface. It was amazing! We spent 2.5 hours skating, playing hockey, and visiting. So much fun!

Looks like a blast, my kids would love that.

• Like 3

I got a few little (very little) walks yesterday. I'm hoping for a bit more today but will likely be a slow week. Energy is still limited so I'm doing a little bit more at a time and have to get caught up around here with the limited energy I do have. We're going to be making special treats and the kids have off of school this week and next. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Soror said:

I got a few little (very little) walks yesterday. I'm hoping for a bit more today but will likely be a slow week. Energy is still limited so I'm doing a little bit more at a time and have to get caught up around here with the limited energy I do have. We're going to be making special treats and the kids have off of school this week and next. 

Glad you were able to get outdoors and walk. Enjoy making treats and family time!

• Like 1