Menu

December Well-Trained Bodies

Soror

Everyone is welcome!

Share your health and fitness aspirations, struggles, and wins.

Check in once a day, week, or month.

Anything health related (and a far amount not really related as we get chatty)- sleep, weight, fitness, food, stress etc.

Let's finish this year strong and send 2020 out with a bang.

• Like 5

I have upped my fitness game just because I logged into this Well-Trained Bodies club a month or more ago! So thank you making this happen.

I ride my indoor recumbent -- found on Craigs List -- at level six for 50 minutes four or five times a week, (That's huge for me.) Then I do three minutes cool down, then 50 stomach bicycles. (Was doing arm exercise w/ weights, but I pulled something. Long, boring story.)

My December goal: daily 50 minutes at level 6. Walking at least three times a week for an hour or so. I have a health problem and the more I walk the better my balance.

I bought an electric blanket for my side only and I sleep really well.

Thank you again Soro for making this club happen -- it's already helped me. 💐

Wendy

• Like 8

I don’t post here super regularly either, but I love this group and the motivation I feel from all of you. I love the diversity of ages, fitness levels, and exercise of choice. It motivates me to keep going, which has resulted in tangible progress for me this year, so thank you all! 

I finished November at 145,000-ish meters on my rowing machine, and down 3 pounds. 

My goal for December is to row at least 100,000 meters, and lose another 2 pounds, which will put me at my goal for 2020. My weight is currently at a number it hasn’t been for about 15 years, so I am pretty happy with how things are going. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Alicia64 said:

I have upped my fitness game just because I logged into this Well-Trained Bodies club a month or more ago! So thank you making this happen.

I ride my indoor recumbent -- found on Craigs List -- at level six for 50 minutes four or five times a week, (That's huge for me.) Then I do three minutes cool down, then 50 stomach bicycles. (Was doing arm exercise w/ weights, but I pulled something. Long, boring story.)

My December goal: daily 50 minutes at level 6. Walking at least three times a week for an hour or so. I have a health problem and the more I walk the better my balance.

I bought an electric blanket for my side only and I sleep really well.

Thank you again Soro for making this club happen -- it's already helped me. 💐

Wendy

Thank you for joining in, we all support each other. WTG increasing your fitness!

5 hours ago, PinkTulip said:

I don’t post here super regularly either, but I love this group and the motivation I feel from all of you. I love the diversity of ages, fitness levels, and exercise of choice. It motivates me to keep going, which has resulted in tangible progress for me this year, so thank you all! 

I finished November at 145,000-ish meters on my rowing machine, and down 3 pounds. 

My goal for December is to row at least 100,000 meters, and lose another 2 pounds, which will put me at my goal for 2020. My weight is currently at a number it hasn’t been for about 15 years, so I am pretty happy with how things are going. 

Many congrats on your progress. WTG!

• Like 3

I'm going to do a short goals post as I don't have a lot of time now.

After aggravating my shoulder injury with too high volume I'm backing up. 

I'm going to try and focus on slower, lower volume bodyweight strength work this month and yoga.

Keeping weight in my preferred maintenance range and daily walks.

Aiming for as much of the daily dozen as possible and keeping nutritional density up (which leaves less room for not so healthy options)

Working on CBT for myself and retraining some negative thought patterns

Today a walk and flexibility work.

• Like 8

Thank you, @Soror for keeping us going and to everyone for their support and suggestions.

This month I'll try to hit that twice a week Nordic Walking goal that I didn't achieve last month.  I want to continue with walking and yoga most days.  And swimming once a week, weather and tides willing.  I think I'll pick and choose the yoga that I fancy this month, then do Adriene's January programme next month.

Food - I'm going to have to be kind to myself on this.  There is still pumpkin pie in the fridge.  Next weekend we are going to pick up one child and then a fortnight later to pick up the other.  Then it will be Christmas.  So - nutrient-dense eating, but not obsessing over treats and convenience.

Today - probably just a dog walk after work and yoga at lunchtime.  Mushrooms and fried eggs.  Celeriac and smoked mackerel.  Maybe trout plus roasted parsnips.

• Like 6

Fitness goals for this month:

• Keep going with the existing routine of daily walks and stationary biking plus 3X weekly cardio and 2X weekly PT. (The ortho just prescribed another eight weeks.)
  • Continue increasing minimum daily step count.
  • Add daily weight exercises recommended by orthopedist.
  • Log at least 3K of intentional, outdoor walking for the Run Across American Holiday Hustle.
  • Complete Holiday Hustle mini-challenges as they are posted.
  • Finish stationary biking the virtual Camino de Santiago.
  • Remember to stretch after walking/biking to see if that relieves any of the stiffness/soreness I've been feeling in my legs.

Food and weight goals:

• Get back to consistently logging everything.
  • Get weight back down to 132.

Other:

• Follow up on referrals for new neurologist and cardiologist. (Changing insurance at the beginning of the year.)

Today:

• Walked 3.2K (1.9 miles) with the dog.
  • Biked 25 minutes/6.5 miles. Will make up the other 20 minutes when I can later in the day.
  • Ate two small cupcakes for breakfast. Will try to be more intentional about lunch and dinner.
  • Logged those darned cupcakes.
  • Current step count is 7,205, so I may need another walk this evening to get to 10,500.
  • PT this afternoon.
  • Haven't done the weight exercises yet.
  • Totally didn't stretch after walking or biking.
Edited by Jenny in Florida
  • Like 7

Just reposting what I wrote this am in Nov thread:

Did my bodyweight circuit and a shorter Yoga with Adriene lower back video. My back isn't really painful but feels kind of "twingy". Like I'm not watching my positioning enough when I lift dd. My finger that got hurt by the dog leash almost 3 weeks ago is still swollen and painful and I think I make little adjustments to protect my finger that might be messing with the back a little.

December Goals: the biggie is to MAINTAIN. Keep up the exercise 6 days a week. Don't gain back any weight (this will be hard the two weeks I'm off of school and able to eat all day). I think I want to try 20 in 20 again, but maybe more yoga after school instead of walking after school. I mean, either is okay, but I might be more willing and able to fit some yoga into my schedule, and I don't have to leave the house.

• Like 7

Howdy!  So far today my iphone says I already walked a mile, but I am gonna give myself another mile, because I shoveled very heavy snow for an hour this morning.  🙂

My goals are similar to last month - average 4 miles of walking per day (mostly hilly), daily yoga, practice TKD (would be nice to pass another interim belt test), and try to eat right.

Last month, my best results were with walking.  Eating was so-so and the rest was pretty bad.  But right now, I suspect my biggest challenge for December is going to be eating right.  I have such a craving for salty snacks.  Well ... we'll see!

Tonight I plan to listen to some training podcasts while finishing my walking on the treadmill.  The snow is really deep outside, and I think they gave up on plowing the street.  It's a good day to stay home!  (Of course the exercise value of walking in knee-deep snow would be great, but I'm just not into it right now ....)

• Like 6

Day 9/80: booty, plus some serious hiking through the forest to lay out a boundary line with GPS for a new pasture.  

My goals for this month are to (1) continue with my 80 day obsession workouts, (2) daily walks/hikes, and (3) keep working on better tracking of my food intake and not overdo it on Christmas cookies!

As others have mentioned upthread, I want to make this a special Christmas season for my kids, even though so many things have been cancelled. We live on the side of a mountain, my kids are homeschooled, and the one away from home activity they usually do, 4-H, has again been cancelled til further notice due to Covid restrictions. All the Christmas parades and the Christmas train have been cancelled. My oldest is really feeling the isolation this year.  So of course we will be making ALL the Christmas cookies and sweets, having popcorn and hot cocoa while watching Christmas movies, and having a gingerbread house building competition.  I'm going to have to step up my level of self control :laugh:

• Like 5

Glorious weather today.  I plan to NW today at lunchtime, then yoga after work.  I never got to yoga yesterday - the timing went awry and I just had a late-night walk.

Porridge, yoghurt, berries.  Veggie sausages and veg.  Leftover pheasant and beans plus veg.  Pumpkin pie.

• Like 5

December already???  

I lost a bit of running momentum right at the end of the month due to a sore hamstring tendon.  I've taken some time off, and am feeling ready to amp up again.  

My weight has plateaued a bit the last few weeks.  Not a huge surprise, but I'm ready to see a downward trend again, so I'll try to tighten things up.  I've very close to goal, so I know it will be challenging losing the last bit.  

My main goal for the month is to continue stretching 2x daily.  I feel really good stretching, so it's almost more mental than physical benefit.  🙂  I'd like to bring my running back up to 30 miles per week by the end of the month, though the weather has really turned winter here and I am not enjoying running in the cold dark.  I need to tweak timing if I can...  

• Like 5

I had a happy, happy thing happen lately: My "seasonal allergy-induced-maybe-just-menopause" craziness stopped. I can sleep, my brain is busy, but not whirling and spinning out of control, and I'm a lot less restless in the day and at night.  It is such a relief! I didn't have to go on drugs (HRT), either.  So, if this pattern holds, I'll be a "normal" person again until next fall. 😄  My family still has to deal with my normal craziness.

I got invited to play doubles tennis indoors this afternoon, so I'm really excited about that.  I'll also go for a walk.

My goals this month:

- Tennis, whenever the opportunity happens and my indoor league is scheduled

- Walking daily (could be hiking or snowshoeing)

- Skiing when there is enough snow

- Re-boot my stretch and strength routine that I've dropped

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Did the Dance Party workout this morning.

So much busy-ness. This week is crazy. Subbing, youngest has many college applications due (finished two last night. I proofread essays and pay the application fee), our backyard patio expansion is being poured right now finally after forms were done a couple of weeks ago. Christmas is on the back burner but many projects there too. Wednesday is the short day at school, so grocery shopping this afternoon. Would have loved to do it last night, but college apps. Off to work.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, wintermom said:

I had a happy, happy thing happen lately: My "seasonal allergy-induced-maybe-just-menopause" craziness stopped. I can sleep, my brain is busy, but not whirling and spinning out of control, and I'm a lot less restless in the day and at night.  It is such a relief! I didn't have to go on drugs (HRT), either.  So, if this pattern holds, I'll be a "normal" person again until next fall. 😄  My family still has to deal with my normal craziness.

I got invited to play doubles tennis indoors this afternoon, so I'm really excited about that.  I'll also go for a walk.

My goals this month:

- Tennis, whenever the opportunity happens and my indoor league is scheduled

- Walking daily (could be hiking or snowshoeing)

- Skiing when there is enough snow

- Re-boot my stretch and strength routine that I've dropped

I'm glad you are feeling better. My symptoms aren't nearly so bad but I've noticed a lot more energy too, that could just be vitamins, but I'll take it. 

My workout yesterday was isometrics. Way harder than it looks, my girls were wondering why I was grunting until they tried it. Wall sits, hand stand pike holds, l sits from chair, etc. I did not do the pull-up hold (janky shoulder). I added on 15 min of mobility at the end.

Today is more stretching and I'm going to do some BUTI yoga to start with to warm up my body. I did some of that Tues too, the girls said it was the weirdest workout they've ever seen. It is pretty weird but got my hr up.

• Like 3

So my goals for this month were continuing 80 day obsession, daily walks, and watching what I eat...1 out of 3 ain't bad, right? :wink: I did get my workout in, day 11/80, but I also helped my husband with some cows and then took my daughter shopping in town. So I didn't get a walk with the dogs, but I guess I got some walking in shopping.  My food was definitely NOT on point today, I've eaten leftover potato, dumpling, and ham soup from last night, and a bunch of pizza.:laugh: Tomorrow is another day.

• Like 4

My sinuses are really bothering me today, lots of drainage. Don't know if it is all the walking in the woods or what. I didn't sleep well either, I forgot my second dose of thyroid until an hour later and went to bed with my hair still wet from an earlier bath (I don't know why that always disturbs my sleep).

Strength work today, a walk.

Food has been ok, but a bit much the last few days.

• Like 3

I'm on full celebration mode right now! I finished my stats course last night and today I started paid contract work in the field of my grad program!!! I'm doing a happy dance in my head right now! The contract came out of a 'cold call' I made when I signed up with LinkIn. I'm still pinching myself that this actually worked. 

I'm going for a walk in the woods with friends again today. I still haven't started back into my stretch and strength work, but I will... after I do my happy dance for real. 😉

• Like 6

I just completed my very first 'kitty yoga' session. It didn't last too long, but it was really fun. It consists of me doing a few yoga stretches while the kitten walks along my back. She aborted the work-out when the push-ups started. I aborted the work-out shortly thereafter. It was more fun doing the exercises with her. 😄

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, wintermom said:

I'm on full celebration mode right now! I finished my stats course last night and today I started paid contract work in the field of my grad program!!! I'm doing a happy dance in my head right now! The contract came out of a 'cold call' I made when I signed up with LinkIn. I'm still pinching myself that this actually worked. 

I'm going for a walk in the woods with friends again today. I still haven't started back into my stretch and strength work, but I will... after I do my happy dance for real. 😉

Ya, congratulations!!!

14 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

@wintermom Congrats !! Kitty yoga sounds ummm...interesting. 😀

@Soror Sorry about the sinus issues. I have sinus issues with wet hair too and sleeping with it. Mine is long so cannot really use dryer unless I want to punish myself till my arm aches from holding it up. So I use some sort towel to partially dry it especially if I wet my hair in any way. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YE3CPW0?ots=1&ascsubtag=[]st[p]cj7vzqw3100giwsy68zf81nka[i]QNcgUs[d]D[z]m[t]w[r]google.com&tag=thestrategistsite-20

This and the several versions I have like this really helps in absorbing the moisture and cutting down the drying time without a dryer. When I swam regularly I always used to wash it in the mornings, but the occasional time I slipped I paid for it if I did not dry my hair properly.

@Ali in OR and @FarmingMomma The ever present food struggle especially this time of year...ugh. Good luck to us all !

@Laura Corin Hope you have a lovely, warm time exercising indoors. 

Played, nordic walked in the cold (low 50s) but blindingly brilliant sunshine. Plan to do so whenever I can. I finished work for the year so I am off for the rest of it. 

Have a good weekend !

I do have a towel for it, I just didn't think to put it in there, good idea!

• Like 1

I did my strength work but took off from walking. I've got drainage, blech, I didn't feel like being out in the damp air. I know it isn't supposed to make a difference but I've not took a day off in awhile. The girls and I watched Christmas movies and made homemade ornaments.

Still not feeling great, we'll see how today goes. Stretching this am, the last day of the program I've been doing. I plan to repeat it awhile.

Edited by Soror
  • Like 3

@wintermom congratulations!  I'm sorry you are not on top form @Soror.

I took the time today to do the sixty minute balance practice with Kassandra that @Soror mentioned last month.  I did almost  all the asanas - I  did shoulder stand instead of headstand - but skipped some vinyasas. I was a bit wobbly in some of the poses, but better than I  expected. I'm  stronger than I was. Then a dog walk with Husband.

Tomorrow and the next day I'm on the road picking up 'Hobbes' from university. 

Hot muesli. Lentils and celeriac. Partridge, cabbage and chickpeas. 

• Like 3

Greetings! My new Saturday thing seems to be yoga with the dog and cat. I wanted to do Christmas Tree Yoga--meaning out in the living room with just the tree lights and lit mantel garland lights on, instead of being in the small study with no atmosphere. Dog was on sofa. Cat started out on the yoga mat with me, purring by my head which was sweet. Then he retreated under the sofa. I did another yoga for low back and hamstrings, not because I'm having any issues but it turned up in my search (for "Christmas Tree Yoga" which doesn't really have anything out there) and it was a good length of time. And my lazy self likes floor yoga. But I was not liking the leg stretches at the end--lie on your side, up on one elbow, grab big toe with other hand and straighten your leg straight up. Right. Not happening. I went with the "generous bend in the knee" she allows on so many other moves and probably looked ridiculous. But the dog and cat don't judge me at all. Well, I bet the cat does. He's a cat. But they're silent about it.

Much to try to get done this weekend. Prepare for another week of school, get the homework packets written for January so they can be copied a delivered before break, get the Christmas letter written, wrap some presents, and I guess I still have to clean the bathrooms and vacuum like usual. Better get started. Have a wonderful weekend everyone (we have beautiful fog--I love a foggy morning when I don't have to go anywhere.)

@Laura Corin Safe travels to you! I'm excited for you getting some time with your kids. Enjoy!

Edited by Ali in OR
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

Greetings! My new Saturday thing seems to be yoga with the dog and cat. I wanted to do Christmas Tree Yoga--meaning out in the living room with just the tree lights and lit mantel garland lights on, instead of being in the small study with no atmosphere. Dog was on sofa. Cat started out on the yoga mat with me, purring by my head which was sweet. Then he retreated under the sofa. I did another yoga for low back and hamstrings, not because I'm having any issues but it turned up in my search (for "Christmas Tree Yoga" which doesn't really have anything out there) and it was a good length of time. And my lazy self likes floor yoga. But I was not liking the leg stretches at the end--lie on your side, up on one elbow, grab big toe with other hand and straighten your leg straight up. Right. Not happening. I went with the "generous bend in the knee" she allows on so many other moves and probably looked ridiculous. But the dog and cat don't judge me at all. Well, I bet the cat does. He's a cat. But they're silent about it.

Much to try to get done this weekend. Prepare for another week of school, get the homework packets written for January so they can be copied a delivered before break, get the Christmas letter written, wrap some presents, and I guess I still have to clean the bathrooms and vacuum like usual. Better get started. Have a wonderful weekend everyone (we have beautiful fog--I love a foggy morning when I don't have to go anywhere.)

Dogs and cats don't judge 🙂 You do have a busy weekend, best of luck getting it all done.

37 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

@wintermom congratulations!  I'm sorry you are not on top form @Soror.

I took the time today to do the sixty minute balance practice with Kassandra that @Soror mentioned last month.  I did almost  all the asanas - I  did shoulder stand instead of headstand - but skipped some vinyasas. I was a bit wobbly in some of the poses, but better than I  expected. I'm  stronger than I was. Then a dog walk with Husband.

Tomorrow and the next day I'm on the road picking up 'Hobbes' from university. 

Hot muesli. Lentils and celeriac. Partridge, cabbage and chickpeas. 

WTG! There are some challenging poses in there (IMO). I wobble terribly in anything where I have to stay on one leg for very long. What is hot muesli? I've only had it cold, do you just put on milk and heat it?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Soror said:

Dogs and cats don't judge 🙂 You do have a busy weekend, best of luck getting it all done.

WTG! There are some challenging poses in there (IMO). I wobble terribly in anything where I have to stay on one leg for very long. What is hot muesli? I've only had it cold, do you just put on milk and heat it?

Yes, I  just put oat milk on and microwave it. 

I find Half Moon a challenge, and there was another single hand, single foot pose that was a serious wobble too.

• Like 2

Feeling like a broken record: Just checking in to say that I'm still here, still chugging along, not much new happening.

I'm still doing the usual round of daily dog walks, 30-45 minutes a day on the stationary bike, 3X per week cardio, 2X per week PT, making sure to meet my daily step goal. I haven't missed a day of anything, but there have definitely been days when I've managed only the bare minimum and several days in the last couple of weeks when I feel like I'm walking against a big headwind.

I have three challenges going to see me through the rest of the month:

• Camino de Santiago (stationary bike) - Completed 307/480 miles.
  • Holiday Hustle (outdoor walks) - Completed 22.7/50Km.
  • 12 Days of Fitmas - Completed 1/12 days. (I had to tone down some of the exercises to accommodate my recovering arm -- no planks for me -- but I did my best.)

Still struggling with food, although I have managed to wrestle my weight down by a couple of pounds (6 more to go). Honestly, I'm a little relieved that the holidays will be restrained this year, since opportunities to over-eat for social reasons will be limited. 

Sorry -- I usually try to end these posts with some kind of "but hey, on the bright side" comment, but I can't come up with one today.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ali in OR said:

But the dog and cat don't judge me at all. Well, I bet the cat does. He's a cat. But they're silent about it.

My dog is terrified of being in the room when I exercise. I always close the door so that the rest of the family doesn't need to see me looking ridiculous. But then, if I lock to dog out of the room, she is indignant. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Dreamergal said:

@FarmingMomma Hope you get snow to snow shoe and ski. I slip on snow so I shall safely be on land with a warm early 60s here. No blinding sun here though.

@Laura Corin Safe travels.

We are a family without pets and this thread with yoga with pets is making me want a cat and dog. 

Have a good one !

Our old dog comes and lies on a rug to watch me do yoga. That's fine but she often comes and goes during the practice do I have to open and close the door for her. Yes, I  am her maidservant. 

It's a few degrees above freezing here .

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 3

I went for a long walk with a friend (and her dogs) in the woods. My dog has a shoulder injury so he can't walk for now. We met at an on-leash wooded area and saw all kinds of people and dogs. It was a lot of fun. I also did a little stretch and strength work, but I'm so stiff that I'll have to work up slowly to reach my former level. I did manage 10 push-ups.

This morning I went for a 2hr solo hike in the woods. It was lovely and cool. Not much snow left on the ground after a ton of rain during the week. I found some fresh beaver activity beside this marsh. I guess they need to keep their dam in full function during the winter. 

IMG_20201206_113506213.jpg

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, wintermom said:

I went for a long walk with a friend (and her dogs) in the woods. My dog has a shoulder injury so he can't walk for now. We met at an on-leash wooded area and saw all kinds of people and dogs. It was a lot of fun. I also did a little stretch and strength work, but I'm so stiff that I'll have to work up slowly to reach my former level. I did manage 10 push-ups.

This morning I went for a 2hr solo hike in the woods. It was lovely and cool. Not much snow left on the ground after a ton of rain during the week. I found some fresh beaver activity beside this marsh. I guess they need to keep their dam in full function during the winter. 

Lovely picture and description.  We walked with our son and the dog after we arrived.  And Husband and I stretched while waiting at the hotel for Kashmiri food to be delivered.  11,000 steps somehow.  Maybe just bumpy roads.

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Dreamergal said:

Yes ! The beavers are back ! . Thanks for the picture  @wintermom

No beavers in suburbia and  I can't recognize breaver activity even if I came upon it  😊  so nothing quite so lovely to report except blinding sunshine and "cold" as in high 50s. But I did take a walk and we played outside. 

Today we celebrate St.Nicholas day, the way we do Santa Claus in our family, so that means candy, sweets and carbs. So the eating thing will go out the window today. So have to make up for it all next week 😒

Have a good one !

These beavers live right beside suburbia, so I don't have to travel far. 😉 The 'activity' I saw was freshly chewed trees; one with the tree still attached to the trunk. There were light coloured wood chips near the tree bases which indicated they are fresh. The colour darkens over time and the chips dry out. I think I may have disturbed the beaver, or he changed his mind about the tree he left behind. Who knows. I didn't actually see the beaver this visit. It's hard to approach quietly as boots on snow are too loud. 

Next time I'll take a photo of beaver chew marks. They are very distinctive and fun to look at. The teeth on these critters are mighty! 😄

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, wintermom said:

Sounds like a wonderful walk, thank you for the pic.

16 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

Yes ! The beavers are back ! . Thanks for the picture  @wintermom

No beavers in suburbia and  I can't recognize breaver activity even if I came upon it  😊  so nothing quite so lovely to report except blinding sunshine and "cold" as in high 50s. But I did take a walk and we played outside. 

Today we celebrate St.Nicholas day, the way we do Santa Claus in our family, so that means candy, sweets and carbs. So the eating thing will go out the window today. So have to make up for it all next week 😒

Have a good one !

Happy St. Nicholas Day!

15 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Lovely picture and description.  We walked with our son and the dog after we arrived.  And Husband and I stretched while waiting at the hotel for Kashmiri food to be delivered.  11,000 steps somehow.  Maybe just bumpy roads.

Enjoy your visit!

• Like 1

I'm going for another walk in the woods with friends today. It's cold with wind, but no snow.  I'll also squeeze in my stretch and strength exercises. I need to get them back into my daily routine.

Food is atrocious these days. I have so many salty and sweet cravings that it's hard to focus on boring, healthy food. 😄

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 4

Got up early enough to do not-the-shortest workout! Pretty good for a Monday. But I didn't sleep well. I felt like I was awake most of the night, but the things I was thinking about were a bit on the ridiculous side, so I think I was in a light sleep. I am definitely maxed out on what I'm trying to get done right now, but it will be better soon. My teacher is back in Oregon, drained but feeling better, and wanting to jump back in to teaching sometime this week. I do today for sure, and I've planned through Wednesday; she will plan and teach from Thursday forward and we'll see if she wants to teach from my plan Tuesday or Wednesday. It's max busy-ness for Christmas stuff too--trying to get Christmas letters out this week and small packages to the grandparents. That probably doesn't sound time consuming but somehow it is! Never got to cleaning the bathrooms or vacuuming this weekend. Do I have to? Can I just wait until next weekend?

• Like 6

I just returned from a 1.5 solo walk in the neighbourhood to look at all the Christmas lights and reflect. My new contract is no more as of this morning. Disappointing, but it was fun while it lasted. I forget the source, but the lyrics, "Pick myself up, dust myself off, start all over again," kept running through my mind during the walk. It's tough getting back into the work force.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, wintermom said:

It's tough getting back into the work force.  

Yep. Says the under-employed teacher working as an educational assistant. I'm sorry. And I love that song--Diana Krall's version. My sister used to sing it to her learning-to-walk toddlers! Hang in there--something else will come along eventually.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, wintermom said:

I just returned from a 1.5 solo walk in the neighbourhood to look at all the Christmas lights and reflect. My new contract is no more as of this morning. Disappointing, but it was fun while it lasted. I forget the source, but the lyrics, "Pick myself up, dust myself off, start all over again," kept running through my mind during the walk. It's tough getting back into the work force.  

I'm sorry. It took me from age 47 to age 54 to get to a career position that I hope to hold or move sideways from until retirement. It's  hard.

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 5

I am on day 12 of 90 of the current BBM series I am doing. I can already tell both my endurance and strength are improving. And the boost to my mental state is much needed. I want to continue to exercise as many days a week as I can fit it in (again, harder than I want, some days between dealing with insomnia and a baby). I also want to focus on healthy foods and portion sizes, but I am always ravenous while still nursing, so that's a challenge. 

@SororHope the dental work went well! 
@wintermomI hope something turns up job-wise for you. Returning to the workforce is a tough road to walk.

Have a good day, everyone!

• Like 7