Menu

Utah Monolith

Terabith

4 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Apparently the monolith in the Utah desert that appeared mysteriously has disappeared just as mysteriously!  (This is not our friendly neighborhood monolith.)  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/28/us/utah-monolith-disappears-trnd/index.html

How did they not install video surveillance to catch the aliens in the act? 👽

But maybe it's more fun this way... 😂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, maize said:

It's been replaced by a mini pyramid.

Clearly this is an attempt at communication by an alien culture 👽

https://www.ksl.com/article/50057437/monolith-disappears-rock-pile-and-mini-pyramid-now-in-its-place

I tried to find confirmation and couldn't because that wasn't included in any of the other stories I read. The picture of the hikers is weird. They... picked up the little pyramid and put it on the pile of rocks?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Farrar said:

I tried to find confirmation and couldn't because that wasn't included in any of the other stories I read. The picture of the hikers is weird. They... picked up the little pyramid and put it on the pile of rocks?

I am seeing mention of the pyramid in other sources:

https://www.newsweek.com/utah-monolith-mysteriously-disappears-replaced-pyramid-1550964

• Like 1

It seems it appeared by October 2016. 

I am officially tying it into my personal conspiracy theory that a time traveler thought helping the Cubs win the World Series in 2016 wouldn't hurt anything and instead all hell broke loose.

I think the monolith was related and am hoping that its removal is a good sign!

(I don't really believe my Cubs conspiracy theory...or do I...😜)

Edited by happi duck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Must admit I’m looking forward to the big explanation if there is one.

My thinking is that the Romanian one and the California ones are copycats trying to grab some publicity. The Romanian one clearly had some sort of sanding markers, you can see the swirling pattern on a closeup. 

As for the Utah one? I vote artist-made,  waiting for someone to discover it. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, smfmommy said:

The one in Utah was ripped down by two athletes who were upset that people were damaging the area to go see it.

Athletes say they removed Utah monolith, legal case unclear - KAKE

I mean, I see their point. The authorities said they didn’t reveal its location because people would try to find it and would get stuck and lost and have to be rescued, and that’s exactly what happened, along with the littering and failure to deal with bathroom waste appropriately, and destruction of habitat. People are stupid sometimes.

• Like 2