Menu

This past week we put our house on the market, sold it and bought a new one. I'm in shock.

Jann in TX

8 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

That is such great news!!!!!!  Congrats!!!

I am glad this new house is going to work out so well for your entire family.  And that is providing some financial relief.   

What kind of flooring did you put in?  We need to replace our carpet and hope to sell our house too. 

We put in Lifeproof vinyl planks  (Trail Oak) from Home Depot.  It has been installed a few weeks now and has been very easy to care for.  It is in all areas of house with exception of the 3 'kid' bedrooms-- those have carpet.

This went over stained concrete (they did have to level floors a bit before installation)-- it is so much 'softer' to walk on and doesn't seem to be as 'cold' either.

• Like 3

Congratulations!  We also sold our house in a day.  The last time we sold a house was after the market crash and it was BRUTAL going through months of showings with two little kids.  This time was like a dream come true.  However, we have nothing to buy yet.  The area that we want to get into has the same kind of market so it's tough to be a buyer.  We are moving into my parents' house while they go to Florida for the winter and hopefully the right house will pop up before my parents come back!  😂

• Like 3

Congratulations, Jann.  It sounds like a good move for your with paying cash and lowering expenses, privacy and nearby services for your dd,  You are a blessing to your dd and dgs.

We just moved last week to a 55+ community about 45min away.  We sold our house of 16 years in 2 days as well.  One of the best things about moving is the purge.  Dh collects more than I do, and he did a great job of cleaning out.  There is very low inventory here, and we wound up expanding our search criteria in order to find a new place.  We also paid cash which is really, really nice at our ages.  This was the first time in my life that I sold and bought at the same time.  It was so stressful.  I don't know that I would do it again.

@kristen0713 - what a blessing to have temporary housing while you continue your search.  I like to look and look and hate to make a decision.  Having to choose after a day of searching means lots of compromises had to be made.

I need to think of a clever name to change to.  What do you think of Sunshine State Sue?  Doesn't seem clever to me.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, katilac said:

Wow, how exciting! I'm so glad it went smoothly. 

Just a note on disability - it is worth hiring an attorney who specializes in obtaining disability approval. 

I agree.   Someone with daily seizures should certainly qualify.   I had to appeal my own daughters case for 2 1/2 years and go to court ....but she won....and with back pay to the application date.   In our area we have free legal aid for those with low/no income.   They were a great help.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2020 at 5:14 PM, hippiemamato3 said:

Oh! Congratulations! We just went under contract on a house today, and will put ours on the market next Monday! I hope things go as smoothly for us as they are for you!

Just updating that our house went on the market Friday afternoon, and we had a full price offer at noon yesterday. Also expecting multiple offers today after an open house. We will decide at 5 today. This is craziness!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, hippymamato3 said:

Just updating that our house went on the market Friday afternoon, and we had a full price offer at noon yesterday. Also expecting multiple offers today after an open house. We will decide at 5 today. This is craziness!

Wow!  Tell us about the house you are moving to? Enough room for all I assume.  

1 hour ago, hippymamato3 said:

Yes! It has room for my mother-in-law and for DS to have his own separate area. I'm so excited - and it has almost 2 acres of land too ❤️ 

Awesome--so glad to hear your house sold easily too-- and that you found a great fit!  Here is to smooth closings!