Menu

Daily Movement - Sunday, November 29

purpleowl

Every time I start a thread I type in the day/date and then have to check and make sure I do in fact know what day it is. 😄 Happy Sunday, everyone!

These threads are for those who would like accountability and encouragement in doing intentional daily movement. Anyone may join in at any time!

• Like 3

I have to admit every time I see the title daily movement I think of Sheldon and another kind of daily movement ... 

I walked yesterday and today.  No yoga because I hurt myself a bit in the last one I did.

my daily walk pics from yesterday and today in case you’re not all bored of them yet.

81905C1D-CAB2-416C-B904-6715F34DC61B.jpeg

4937DF8C-11EC-4417-9976-3DBA8A6C3BAB.jpeg

• Like 5

Just got back from our daily one(ish) mile dog walk. We were waylaid for a bit by a neighbor, who came out to give us a poinsettia. Apparently he bought a bunch to give to all the neighbors. How nice is that? We really got lucky when we moved into this neighborhood a few years ago.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

I have to admit every time I see the title daily movement I think of Sheldon and another kind of daily movement ... 

I walked yesterday and today.  No yoga because I hurt myself a bit in the last one I did.

my daily walk pics from yesterday and today in case you’re not all bored of them yet.

81905C1D-CAB2-416C-B904-6715F34DC61B.jpeg

4937DF8C-11EC-4417-9976-3DBA8A6C3BAB.jpeg

I think of that too. 🤣 But I don't know a better phrasing for what we're doing. "Exercise" seems too much, because sometimes it's just about moving a bit on a rough day even when you can't work in something you would count as "exercise." I'm open to suggestions, though!

Sorry you hurt yourself with yoga. I don't think I'll get tired of your pictures, though - please keep sharing!

• Like 2

The dog and I managed almost three miles of walking this morning, despite her apparent intention to stop every three steps to sniff the concrete or stare down something I could not see.

I also put in 30-ish somewhat low-key minutes on the stationary bike, watching some YouTube videos about the Camino de Santiago (because that is the theme of my current virtual challenge). I'm still sore and uncomfortable, and I was extremely tempted to quit at 15 minutes and finish later in the day, But then I got a bit of a second wind and pushed on through.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jenny in Florida said:

I'm still sore and uncomfortable, and I was extremely tempted to quit at 15 minutes and finish later in the day, But then I got a bit of a second wind and pushed on through.

Good for you! 

I don't usually post again when I do a second walk, but I am really proud of myself for today's - 5.47 miles! (I did have water with me!) I had to get past a street gang at one point though, as shown below.

PXL_20201129_201248341.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1