Menu

MAP test - looking for material to teach these skills - 5, 6, 7, 8th grade

MomN

I am looking for books that teach to specific skills sets as tested on the MAP test:

-prefixes, suffixes
-synonyms, anonyms
-using context clues to determine the connotation of a word
-figurative language
-the use of word choice on meaning and tone
-persuasive techniques

Even if I could find short passages that are filled with figurative language and rich word choice and persuasive techniques, I could make up the questions myself.

Any ideas? THANKS!

Laura

Testingmom.com and critical thinking company are the resources I have seen who direct you to their products that are designed for specific tests.

For the topics you list, I would personally use teachers pay teachers and find some cute, colorful, large print (for more neurologic intensity of input) resources to print out and make my own books.

Just to clarify, in order for the print and pictures on TPT products to be really large, I use things that are meant to be word walls and posters to be posted in the classroom and print those and compile them as books, rather than use things that were meant to be individual reading material.

This is using neurological concepts and applying it to learning. For example, you can create more neuroplasticity if your input has greater frequency, intensity or duration. Learning accesses neuroplasticity.