Menu

opinions of Norvex products

kfeusse

especially their clothes.  What makes them so special......or honestly, if you don't care for them, can you please tell me why?  I am not looking to going into business, I want to consider purchasing a few things, but I want to be wise with my dollars.  Are their products really worth the money?  I am tired of spending less money again and again, if I can spend a bit more for a quality product.  Do you consider Norvex quality?  Why or why not?  thanks. 

Most of mine has been gifted to me.

I have a couple of window cloths, and I love them. As my stash of off-brand microfiber eventually bites the dust, I might replace it with other Norwex cleaning cloths.

I don't care for the people washcloths. I thought I might since I need lots of exfoliating, but I don't care for how they feel.

The kitchen towels--I have some and haven't tried them that much. The germ fighting properties intrigue me, but I just don't care for how most microfiber feels enough to use them a lot. Sounds kind of dumb, but it's one thing to clean my bathroom sink with microfiber, but another to touch a kitchen cloth multiple times per day. My kitchen towels might end up becoming cleaning rags so that they'll get used.

We have some of the square cloths that are microfiber on one side and a microfiber/scrubby blend on them. They are about the size of potholders and come in a pack of three. The kids use those to scrub their tub and shower, and they are fantastic.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, happi duck said:

I like how they work but making sure I wash them correctly is a pain. (have to wash with no lint stuff with free and clear type detergent). I haven't worked out a good routine.

hmmm....glad you said that....I agree, that would be a pain.  

I don’t know that I’ve seen a study of them vs other brands, but I know regular microfiber does an amazing job removing germs. I linked a study here years ago (maybe 8-10) about how well essential oils kill germs and the stunner of the study was how well plain water & microfiber removed germs. I think it was a homeschool mom who did the study. She came to the conclusion that while oils do help, she’d be doing daily cleaning with hot water and microfiber and running an oil diffuser afterwards to make it smell good. 

• Like 1

I love most of it. Cleaning products give me a headache, so it's wonderful to be able to clean with only water. I have a bit of everything. Their laundry detergent is amazing. I use that diluted in a spray bottle to clean up pet accidents. Our elderly cat peed directly on our mattress (mad because I was washing her bed I guess) and the laundry detergent took out the stain and the smell. We use almost all of the different cloths. I have one of the doormats at our doggie door and it does a fantastic job of soaking up wet and mud. The cleaning paste is amazing at getting out glass top stove clean. The mop is easy to use and my kids love it - the floors are squeaky clean when they are done. 

One day I may own everything!

2 hours ago, happi duck said:

I like how they work but making sure I wash them correctly is a pain. (have to wash with no lint stuff with free and clear type detergent). I haven't worked out a good routine.

I wash my Norwex window cloths with jeans, lol! I tend to use mostly free and clear types of products, but I don't worry about detergent overly much (we learned not to use too much detergent in the cloth diapering years). I know people who wash their microfiber (not sure if it's Norwex) with towels and don't care about detergent, and they still work okay. I imagine it shortens the life, but sometimes it's a trade between usefulness and slightly shorter life. I recommend against washing it with towels, but it should be good with regular clothes.

When I first started using microfiber, I decided to buy enough (and found some inexpensive but effective cloths) that I could wash a small load of only microfiber. It helps that we have a Bona mop with microfiber heads and lots of hard flooring. 🙂