Menu

Daily Movement - Saturday, November 28

purpleowl

We just finished our daily dog walk. We were joined part of the way by a young neighbor (8th grade or so) and her Chihuahua. The Chi is getting tubby and she's trying to get him to slim down. He's a little fella, so even a short walk is a lot for him. She carries him for awhile and then turns around and has him walk home, 'cause she says he refuses to walk going away from their house but will happily walk back towards it. LOL!

Edited by Pawz4me
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ottakee said:

I did my 30 minutes of DDPY this morning.  Most was doable until he got to side planks and other craziness.

There is a supposedly beginner workout I've done like that - was NOT beginner!

I did a live Active Recovery class today from Shamrock Fitness - was great. Going to get a mile in later. 

• Like 2

Another day of feeling very sore and sorry for myself when I woke up. I dragged myself out for a walk and managed just a little over two miles. Before I could talk myself out of it, I went ahead and rode the stationary bike for 40-ish minutes. 

I'm currently about 2,000 steps short of my daily minimum, so I'll probably take another short walk either outside or with a video. I'm having kind of a crappy day emotionally, though, so it's taking me some time to scrounge up the energy to worry about it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jenny in Florida said:

Another day of feeling very sore and sorry for myself when I woke up. I dragged myself out for a walk and managed just a little over two miles. Before I could talk myself out of it, I went ahead and rode the stationary bike for 40-ish minutes. 

I'm currently about 2,000 steps short of my daily minimum, so I'll probably take another short walk either outside or with a video. I'm having kind of a crappy day emotionally, though, so it's taking me some time to scrounge up the energy to worry about it.

Hugs. I don't want to talk you out of anything, but if you've already done over an hour of exercise and don't have the "spoons" for more, I wouldn't feel badly about that, personally. 

16 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Hugs. I don't want to talk you out of anything, but if you've already done over an hour of exercise and don't have the "spoons" for more, I wouldn't feel badly about that, personally. 

Thanks. I just know myself well enough to know that I will feel worse tomorrow if I don't keep up.

Fortunately, it's only a couple of thousand steps, which is only 20 minutes or so of walking.

• Like 1

I did my one mile neighborhood walk. 

All day I've been juggling getting the spare bedroom/home office organized and planning our outdoor Christmas decorations (we got rid of the stuff from our old house and are starting new). I was going to talk myself out of exercising because I was too busy. Then I thought of you ladies in these threads and I knew I could devote just 20 minutes to getting some movement in. 

• Like 3

I walked 3 miles today back and forth on my (long) driveway, while listening to Olive, Again through headphones. Then, we brought in all the Christmas decorations from the garage attic and then spent a couple of hours decorating, which is a pretty good workout. 

• Like 5

I got 30 minutes on my semi-recumbent bike. I want to get back into a daily pilates routine, but didn't make that goal today. 

5 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

. . . I was going to talk myself out of exercising because I was too busy. Then I thought of you ladies in these threads and I knew I could devote just 20 minutes to getting some movement in. . .

I'm glad you made the time. I felt too busy and used this thread to motivate me today, too. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Margaret in CO said:

Dd went with me on a walk. It was a slog through snow. I ended the day with 13 1/2 miles. 

I’m sure I have asked you this before, but how do you do it?! Like, how much time does it take for you to regularly trek ten+ miles? The only times I have logged ten+ miles on my Fitbit has been when I’m in Europe and I’m walking around a city all day long. I always *wish* I could have a way/a reason to walk so many miles at home, but I can’t *go* anywhere on foot from my home. (I.e., I can’t walk to the post office, or the store, or...the road I would need to travel has no shoulder and people drive like maniacs.) 

Do you walk *to* somewhere? I know you are rural. 

• Like 1