Menu

Recommendations for muffin pans/liners? Update - purchased!

Kassia

Ask if silicone muffin cups and a cookie sheet or large cake pans to put them on would be good for her and what size she wants.  

I find silicone cups more versatile (like for single egg dishes or mini meat loafs in IP) and easier to store. 

I like “If You Care” liners.  

• Like 1

I personally don’t love silicone. It’s too floppy and it hangs on to flavors/odors. I’d get her a good heavy muffin tin (Amazon has a Wilton one on a Black Friday special) and some nice liners. I agree with the If You Care brand.  They’re plain and not cute at all, lol, but they don’t stick to the food and peel off nicely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

I personally don’t love silicone. It’s too floppy and it hangs on to flavors/odors. I’d get her a good heavy muffin tin (Amazon has a Wilton one on a Black Friday special) and some nice liners. I agree with the If You Care brand.  They’re plain and not cute at all, lol, but they don’t stick to the food and peel off nicely. 

btw silicone cups can be lined to avoid flavor adherence issue 

I do an egg and cheese cup frequently without any liner and it seems stable enough but I guess I don’t care if there is not perfect roundness

I turn them inside out and clean egg/cheese residue into dog dish - have not noticed flavor or odor retention unless I add strong raw onions or maybe cayenne

The ones I linked are pretty substantial, but large cake pans with sides help  avoid “flop” for whole batches of baking

• Thanks 1

• Kassia changed the title to Recommendations for muffin pans/liners? Update - purchased!
1 hour ago, Pen said:

AmazonBasics Reusable Silicone Baking Cups, Pack of 12 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KWTGAVQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_VStWFbP1CS91Y

are these standard size or jumbo?  there's another one that says "standard", but the measurements are smaller.  (the AB look heavier, so more interested in them.)

1 minute ago, Kassia said:

I'd like to know this too!  I didn't even pay attention.  

under the questions for the product reviews - it say's standard size.  

eta: the one I was looking at that "says" it's 'standard size' - has a number of pictures in the muffin pan, and they're smaller.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

under the questions for the product reviews - it say's standard size.  

eta: the one I was looking at that "says" it's 'standard size' - has a number of pictures in the muffin pan, and they're smaller.

I went back and looked at the pictures too and thought they looked like standard size muffin pans.

3 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I went back and looked at the pictures too and thought they looked like standard size muffin pans.

That was a different one I was looking at that looked smaller.  The one's linked are bigger than the ones with smaller dimensions, and look smaller in the pan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gardenmom5 said:

are these standard size or jumbo?  there's another one that says "standard", but the measurements are smaller.  (the AB look heavier, so more interested in them.)

Not sure.  Might have linked a wrong one. 

I went to my past orders and found that I have gotten - (more than once as I freeze individual portions in them etc): 

Silicone Baking Cups, Resusable Cupcake Liners Large 3.54 inch Muffin Cups Non stick Muffin Liners Cupcake Jumbo Baking Cups Stand Alone Cupcake Holder, 12Packs in 6 Rainbow Colors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XXSJWLB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_jHwWFbPYBKSTQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

which I would personally call  a normal large regular muffin/cupcake size. Neither mini nor jumbo.  

they work better in a cake pan or on a cookie sheet than in muffin pan because they are fairly stiff themselves and less straight sided than my muffin pans

here is one with a Large AA egg in it

image.jpg