Jump to content

Menu

Ladies, we need a new homeschooling norm.


Recommended Posts

No more denim jumpers.  Sadly, no more hilarious waxing stories.  No more basement classrooms.  No more kilts.

No, we are different now.  We are all about monoliths, 2020 Bingo, hunting cats, Christmas light contests, and leggings are so pants.

Luckily, we are still all about cinnamon rolls!  

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 19
Link to post
Share on other sites

We used to be all about the one-room schoolhouse, multiple ages learning from each other, distanced learning was meh, not our thing. 

Now we're homeschooling high school, college, and grad school.  Negotiating bandwidth is the new chore chart. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

True. Now that a lot of people have quit the dresses-only for girls and khaki pants and golf shirts for boys, I’m not even sure what the uniform is anymore. For a little while, I thought jeans-with-tall boots, a turtle neck and a fluffy scarf was going to be our new uniform, but then some people disagreed on whether those could be immodest skinny jeans or not. So now I’m lost. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cinnamon rolls are rising on the counter right now!

The Monolith has become so important to me, I'm planning on having DH build me one for the garden next spring.   

https://empressofdirt.net/garden-obelisk-ideas/

I feel like having something metal on top will better help me be able to communicate with the mothership.  

Edited by Lady Marmalade
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lady Marmalade said:

Cinnamon rolls are rising on the counter right now!

The Monolith has become so important to me, I'm planning on having DH build me one for the garden next spring.   

https://empressofdirt.net/garden-obelisk-ideas/

I feel like having something metal on top will better help me be able to communicate with the mothership.  

Don’t forget the secret passage underneath!  It’s important to plan these things!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Quill said:

True. Now that a lot of people have quit the dresses-only for girls and khaki pants and golf shirts for boys, I’m not even sure what the uniform is anymore. For a little while, I thought jeans-with-tall boots, a turtle neck and a fluffy scarf was going to be our new uniform, but then some people disagreed on whether those could be immodest skinny jeans or not. So now I’m lost. 

And then the jeggings issue pops up—the struggle is real!

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My only son is graduating from college in the spring. Is it too early to start telling other homeschoolers "back in my day..."?

Is it appropriate to mail copies of his forthcoming diploma to everyone who judged our homeschooling efforts and said he'd last two weeks in college [looking at you, particular family member]?

Is anyone writing the "history of 2020" unit study yet?

 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

I’ve been playing 2020 Bingo for months, specifically to test drive it for this unit study.  

BTW, my card did not have zombie minks on it.  Did yours?

Not in the same week as the desert monolith anyway.😁 My zombie minks were more in the week of the possible markers for life on Venus. 

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elegantlion said:

My only son is graduating from college in the spring. Is it too early to start telling other homeschoolers "back in my day..."?

Is it appropriate to mail copies of his forthcoming diploma to everyone who judged our homeschooling efforts and said he'd last two weeks in college [looking at you, particular family member]?

Is anyone writing the "history of 2020" unit study yet?

 

Whoooo-eeee!  I resisted the urge, you can, too!  But you can send his graduation announcement, along with a nice photo of him in cap and gown!  :-) Mark it "No gifts, please, but we welcome you to share the joy of graduations and new horizons!" so they are clear it is not a request. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Carol in Cal. said:

No more denim jumpers.  Sadly, no more hilarious waxing stories.  No more basement classrooms.  No more kilts.

No, we are different now.  We are all about monoliths, 2020 Bingo, hunting cats, Christmas light contests, and leggings are so pants.

Luckily, we are still all about cinnamon rolls!  

My neighbor moved a couple of months ago and gave us two of his garden trellises. They're obelisks. I almost burst out laughing when he brought them over. I plan on disguising the beacons under clematis. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

Have I been under a rock?  What are these obelisks you speak of?  And bunker/tunnel systems?  Sounds like I missed something good!

Our Neighbors Have Installed a Monolith

Putin's Brothers New Flag

From the Neighborhood That Brought You the Monolith

Monolith (tm)

New Monolith Decoration

Update on the Monolith

(You're welcome. 😉 )

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Halftime Hope said:

Whoooo-eeee!  I resisted the urge, you can, too!  But you can send his graduation announcement, along with a nice photo of him in cap and gown!  🙂 Mark it "No gifts, please, but we welcome you to share the joy of graduations and new horizons!" so they are clear it is not a request. 

Great idea! And for me (last kiddo is doing all online community college for senior year) it's grown kids moving back in, with dh and I both working from home....so polar fleece pants with business shirts, LOL. And yes, we may have to pay for faster internet access with 3 of us online all the day long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

Have I been under a rock?  What are these obelisks you speak of?  And bunker/tunnel systems?  Sounds like I missed something good!

 

If you're referencing the monolith that is NOT in my neighbor's yard (which has sadly turned into just a boring but weirdly huge lighthouse), one just appeared in the Utah desert.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/monolith-found-utah-red-rock-country/

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...