Jump to content

Menu

What gift are you most excited to give this year?


Recommended Posts

Without even reading OP's response I was already thinking of the legos! If the girls have outgrown them, I most definitely have not and will get some quality build time. We will have Privet Drive to add to our Harry Potter collection and Kylo Ren's ship which is less exciting to me, but I have a Kylo Ren fan. And I'll still enjoy building it if she doesn't want to.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, most excited to give dd a piece of art for her new apartment; it is a watercolor rendition of the London skyline. I think she is going to LOVE this, and it will fit perfectly where I intend it to go. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

In lieu of gifts this year we are planning a surprise trip to Florida (driving, rental house, cooking for ourselves, beach, kayak, hiking, and other outdoor activities) for ourselves and the kids. Made my shopping very easy as all I had to do was stocking gifts for everybody! I designed and am getting printed a puzzle piece collage of pictures of the rental house and pictures of activities we will do there and each kid will open a puzzle piece. I'm so excited to tell them about it! (and also to actually go, of course!)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've given it already: a new baseball glove to my exchange student, a.k.a., my accidentally adopted son. He will not even be here for Christmas (barring a shutdown of his home country), and a glove is something you have to pick out yourself, so he picked it out, and I bought it, as soon as fall season was over. He was quietly thrilled, as were his actual parents. (I cleared it with them first.) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, plansrme said:

I've given it already: a new baseball glove to my exchange student, a.k.a., my accidentally adopted son. He will not even be here for Christmas (barring a shutdown of his home country), and a glove is something you have to pick out yourself, so he picked it out, and I bought it, as soon as fall season was over. He was quietly thrilled, as were his actual parents. (I cleared it with them first.) 

Were you able to have an exchange student this year?  Where is he from? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing my daughter wants most of all is a plush version of a somewhat obscure and frankly odd-looking video game character. 🙂 We had looked and looked, and everything we found (which wasn't much) was either not-for-sale, vinyl or plastic, crochet (which she doesn't care for, cute as it is), or prohibitively expensive.

I unexpectedly stumbled upon an Etsy artist (thank you, Jesus!) who makes custom dolls of sci-fi and fantasy characters for a very reasonable price. She has great ratings and her dolls are adorable. She even has Sam and Dean Winchester dolls! ❤️ She said making this doll for my daughter would be no problem. I am so, so excited.

Check her out! SetPhaserstoCute

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MercyA said:

The thing my daughter wants most of all is a plush version of a somewhat obscure and frankly odd-looking video game character. 🙂 We had looked and looked, and everything we found (which wasn't much) was either not-for-sale, vinyl or plastic, crochet (which she doesn't care for, cute as it is), or prohibitively expensive.

I unexpectedly stumbled upon an Etsy artist (thank you, Jesus!) who makes custom dolls of sci-fi and fantasy characters for a very reasonable price. She has great ratings and her dolls are adorable. She even has Sam and Dean Winchester dolls! ❤️ She said making this doll for my daughter would be no problem. I am so, so excited.

Check her out! SetPhaserstoCute

Awww, that is an awesome story.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Momto6inIN said:

In lieu of gifts this year we are planning a surprise trip to Florida (driving, rental house, cooking for ourselves, beach, kayak, hiking, and other outdoor activities) for ourselves and the kids. Made my shopping very easy as all I had to do was stocking gifts for everybody! I designed and am getting printed a puzzle piece collage of pictures of the rental house and pictures of activities we will do there and each kid will open a puzzle piece. I'm so excited to tell them about it! (and also to actually go, of course!)

Awww.  I love surprising the kids with a trip.  Although my kids aren't surprised by it any more.  We normally give them an international trip for Christmas and their birthdays.  I can't wait to be able to do that again.  Sure makes it easier than shopping and wrapping.  

When is your trip?  Going somewhere warm in bright in January is so nice.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Awww.  I love surprising the kids with a trip.  Although my kids aren't surprised by it any more.  We normally give them an international trip for Christmas and their birthdays.  I can't wait to be able to do that again.  Sure makes it easier than shopping and wrapping.  

When is your trip?  Going somewhere warm in bright in January is so nice.  

Yep, January - after the New Year's weekend. My college age boys don't start spring semester til after MLK Jr Day, so we we're taking advantage of their extra time off 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Were you able to have an exchange student this year?  Where is he from? 

Yes! He is from Central America. The program is through my son's school, and they were all surprised when the American embassy opened up unexpectedly and issued their student visas in September. The school had no host homes lined up, so it was all very sudden. Agreeing to host is one of the best decisions we've ever made; he can stay forever as far as I'm concerned! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, plansrme said:

Yes! He is from Central America. The program is through my son's school, and they were all surprised when the American embassy opened up unexpectedly and issued their student visas in September. The school had no host homes lined up, so it was all very sudden. Agreeing to host is one of the best decisions we've ever made; he can stay forever as far as I'm concerned! 

Wow.  I had no idea that we were opened up.   How brave to come here right now.  Glad you were able to do offer him a place to stay.  I am so happy you are having a great time.  That is something I think I want to do one day.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MercyA said:

The thing my daughter wants most of all is a plush version of a somewhat obscure and frankly odd-looking video game character. 🙂 We had looked and looked, and everything we found (which wasn't much) was either not-for-sale, vinyl or plastic, crochet (which she doesn't care for, cute as it is), or prohibitively expensive.

I unexpectedly stumbled upon an Etsy artist (thank you, Jesus!) who makes custom dolls of sci-fi and fantasy characters for a very reasonable price. She has great ratings and her dolls are adorable. She even has Sam and Dean Winchester dolls! ❤️ She said making this doll for my daughter would be no problem. I am so, so excited.

Check her out! SetPhaserstoCute

I think I need Sam and Dean dolls! ❤️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...