Menu

waffle maker recommendations

mlktwins

We've had a very  basic Cuisinart waffle maker for years and years.  I use it almost every week - we'll whip up whole grain batter to use for 3-5 days and keep it in the fridge.  My husband prefers regular to belgian waffles so maybe he has a  preference that way?  

Edited by FuzzyCatz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FuzzyCatz said:

We've had a very  basic Cuisinart waffle maker for years and years.  I use it almost every week - we'll whip up whole grain batter to use for 3-5 days and keep it in the fridge.  My husband prefers regular to belgian waffles so maybe he has a  preference that way?  

I was today years old when I learned you can do waffle batter ahead of time!  Is this really a thing?  My family's odds of getting waffles would increase dramatically if I could mix the batter the night before.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

I was today years old when I learned you can do waffle batter ahead of time!  Is this really a thing?  My family's odds of getting waffles would increase dramatically if I could mix the batter the night before.

Well, I don't know what a breakfast gourmet would say but we've had a batch of waffles we've used over a number of days every week since lockdown we've kept in the fridge!   Works great over here.  🙂 I just mix up a double batch (4 cups mixed whole grain flour, 4 eggs seperated, 3 3/4 cups milk, 2/3 cups oil, etc etc etc) and we're good to go for a number of days.  If we're feeling fancy I'll do some whipped cream with barely any sugar at the same time and make sure we have berries on hand.  ❤️  I do have to mix them up a bit every morning, sometimes I add a little milk if it seems thicker.  

I have this one:

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/cuisinart-waf-150-waffle-maker?ID=1492946&CategoryID=7554

As a matter of fact, I just bought a second one. It makes large waffles that I cut into fourths to serve. I always make a double large batch and freeze the leftovers ,but it feels like it takes forever, so now I have two!

1 hour ago, mathnerd said:

I bought this Belgian waffle maker recently and it has ceramic coating on the waffle plates instead of ptfe. I have used it several times and don’t see any issues so far:

Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker,Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TYBWIG

This is the one we recently purchased - it’s great! Can store upright so it takes up less space in the cabinet.

• Like 1