Menu

What are you Grateful for? The 2020 Thanksgiving edition

mommyoffive

I'm grateful that my husband, my parents, and I are all on the same page regarding covid. Can't imagine how hard it would be if we weren't.

I'm grateful we are able to buy my daughter fun Christmas presents. 

I'm grateful, as always, for my washing machine. 🙂 

• Like 7

I’m grateful for my family and how almost everyone has come together to support my mom during her recent health crises. I’m especially grateful for my niece who came home from Japan for at least the rest of the year to care for my mom.

I’m grateful for the jobs my husband and I have.

I’m grateful for the wonders of nature and living in such a beautiful place.

And like Mercy, I’m grateful for my washing machine (and dishwasher). They are two inventions which never cease to bring happiness and thankfulness.

• Like 4

I am always grateful for my husband. 

I'm thankful for my new LED flameless candles. 🙂

I'm thankful for my dentist. I have an amazing dentist who cleans my teeth himself instead of having a hygienist, who never xrays unless there's a specific reason, who texts me personally to remind me of my appointments. He's hilarious, too. I mean...a good dentist is really priceless imo.

I'm thankful for my dd's counselor.

Actually, most of my kids have some pretty amazing mental health care providers, and I'm beyond grateful for them all. 

I'm thankful for my church. 

I'm thankful to have a couple of my granddogs here for the holiday--a 70lb pit bull and an 8lb chi mix that adore each other. They are precious. I'm thankful for the whole zoo, really. When the whole fam is together, there are 6 dogs and 4 cats. We love it--which reminds me of what else I'm thankful for...

I'm super grateful to have 2 Eufy robot vacuums. I don't know how I ever lived without them. 😉

• Like 4

I am grateful to still be employed during pandemic and happy that I had extra financial resources to help some of my adult children who suffered temporary unemployment.  The autumn-hued trees are lovely right now and add some pleasure to my morning commute, which is less congested than pre-pandemic commute.  Also grateful that my twenty year old cat continues to be in good health.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, popmom said:

I am always grateful for my husband. 

I'm thankful for my new LED flameless candles. 🙂

I'm thankful for my dentist. I have an amazing dentist who cleans my teeth himself instead of having a hygienist, who never xrays unless there's a specific reason, who texts me personally to remind me of my appointments. He's hilarious, too. I mean...a good dentist is really priceless imo.

I'm thankful for my dd's counselor.

Actually, most of my kids have some pretty amazing mental health care providers, and I'm beyond grateful for them all. 

I'm thankful for my church. 

I'm thankful to have a couple of my granddogs here for the holiday--a 70lb pit bull and an 8lb chi mix that adore each other. They are precious. I'm thankful for the whole zoo, really. When the whole fam is together, there are 6 dogs and 4 cats. We love it--which reminds me of what else I'm thankful for...

I'm super grateful to have 2 Eufy robot vacuums. I don't know how I ever lived without them. 😉

Granddogs!  I love that.  

• Like 1

Great thread! I'm loving reading everyone's posts, too.

I'm thankful for my family (including pets), extended family and friends. 

I'm grateful for nature, music, wildlife out my kitchen window, the books I read again and again, singing, whistling, sunshine and snow.

I'm thankful for the local hiking trails I can visit and hand-feed the birds. 

I'm grateful for the physical and mental health of my family and friends. It's not perfect, but we're all receiving good care.

• Like 2

My boyfriend, how well we operate together. 

My mom ripped carpet off of the stairs in her house (it was built in 1897), restained and painted, and added new sconces (she hired that part out) to newel posts. She discovered what was probably a toddler's footprint on one stair - no way to tell if it's from when the stairs were originally put in. She did not stain over it.

My son will graduate with his math degree next spring, after a few roadblocks - both in his choices and the a huge change at the school

As a TA, I lead 2 discussion sections - mine were online via Zoom this semester. I was so concerned those sessions would fall flat. I've been fortunate to have good students in each section, ones that do the work and come prepared to talk. They have also encouraged other students to participate.  

• Like 3

I thankful for my family.  They have helped me stay distracted this year. 

I am thankful for our home.  It has given us shelter and room to do all the things we have needed this year.  School, work office, and dance studio. 

I am thankful for our pets.  They have been the biggest comfort this year.   I don't think I could have made it this year without them

I am thankful for our health.  

I am thankful for making it through this pandemic without a financial impact

Although I don't want to go through a pandemic ever again, I am thankful for all the time together and at home we have had. 

I am so thankful for the first responders, doctors, nurses, cnas, and everyone who is working in health care.  I am so thankful for all the people who are working on vaccines around the world.  All of these people will forever be my heroes.  

I am thankful for the beautiful thing that Earth is.  It is so nice to walk around and still be able to see such beauty this year.  You appreciate it even more and the peace it has given to me has been amazing. 

• Like 1

Great thread. Thank you @mommyoffive

I'm thankful that we and our extended family are all healthy. Even my niece and family (dh, 3 kids) who had Covid-19 had mild symptoms and don't seem to have any lingering effects.

I'm thankful that not only family but friends are on the same page as us regarding Covid-19 safety. That means we don't have anyone pressuring us to get together. I'm also thankful that my young adult living at home and his girlfriend living at her home are both cautious. They only see each other in person - all other friends are only visited virtually.

I'm thankful that our move to our new home and sale of our old home went relatively smoothly even though it happened in the middle of the pandemic. We had no choice as the process started in Nov. 2019 and couldn't be stopped.

I'm thankful that we haven't been impacted financially by the pandemic and that we're able to help ds23, who has been impacted financially. 

Finally, I'm thankful for my many virtual friends and acquaintances as we all support each other through this trying time.

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 2