Menu

Daily Movement - November 22

purpleowl

I did the yoga with Adriene for today.  It’s the 23rd so I do day 23 but I have to admit I found it really hard.  I’m tired today and I’ve been really sore from any exercise I do the last few days.  I’m not sure what causes that but some days exercise seems easy and other days I fatigue really easily.

• Like 1

I did a workout video, the fitness blender one that's supposed to be done before bed, last night with my kids.  I had to take a break and now I am sore. Yes, a video designed to be so restful as to put you to sleep did that to me.  

I also took a walk today all by myself, which was kind of nice.  I must admit.

• Like 3

Thanks for doing this.

We had rain all morning and into mid-afternoon*. Afterwards there wasn't enough sun to dry up the ground. I did a Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk.

*Rain that lasts for hours is unusual in Florida unless we have a storm system. It's also unusual to have rain this late in November. But it's 2020.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Margaret in CO said:

Well, I had a friend to walk with yesterday, so it wasn't bad. And today I had a Scouter friend to talk through--he's going through a crisis, so he needed to talk. I've done over 7 miles already today. My goal is 10 at least every day. 

Well if we're making excuses for my laziness, I'll also point out that you probably have much better views on your walk. 

I hope that it is OK to ask in this thread ... I do not want to step outside today (too windy and cold) and my new freezer is taking up the real estate of the treadmill now, so, I am looking for recommendations for youtube workout series (similar to the Walk at Home workouts). I have seen the recommendations in older threads, but search function on this forum is of no help to me. Thank you!

Edited by mathnerd

Walked 1 mile on DH's new under desk treadmill. I was surprised how high my heartrate got just on a brisk, non stop walk! I think I'm doing more HIIT type exercise where HR goes up and down, not steady, so that was different. Then in the evening I did a 42 minute DDPY yoga workout. A few weeks ago doing that one nearly killed me. The next time it was hard, and I kept checking the time, but I did it. Last night we got to the cooldown and he said, "42 minutes" and I was like, "what? It's over already?" So super proud. 

Also signed up for a live zoom DDP class on thanksgiving morning! And an active recovery class on Saturday. 

@Ottakee, let me know if you are interested in the thanksgiving day class, or any others. It's $10 canadian for the class, run by Shamrock Fitness. Class is 50 minutes. 

• Like 1