Menu

Accountability Thread 11/22-11/28

Morning! It's the start of a break week for us, so last night I had all my books out planning the start of winter term. Should be an interesting one.

Today's goals:

House: chores, groceries

School: none

Cooking: chicken and rice, broccoli, cranberry sauce

Writing: 5000-7000 words, personal reading

Art: Class this afternoon, sketching

Extra: order school books and more colored pencils

• Like 1

Morning. Why is it that break weeks tend to be more tightly scheduled than school weeks?

Today's goals:

House: chores, bed, bath, linens

School: buy some books this evening

Cooking: I forgot and yesterday was leftovers, so today is chicken and rice, broccoli, roast potatoes, cranberry sauce

Exercise: walk 5 miles

Art: transfer a sketch and begin painting this book cover. Got another one of those to do, too.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 6:45 AM, Critterfixer said:

Morning. Why is it that break weeks tend to be more tightly scheduled than school weeks?

Cooking: I forgot and yesterday was leftovers, so today is chicken and rice, broccoli, roast potatoes, cranberry sauce

To the first: 🤣  oh yes my friend. 

To the second: CRANBERRIES!  That's what I left off the shopping list!  Guess who'll be making a market run tomorrow ...

Today:

This morning, focus on keeping boys sane enough (a chore, reading, let them play online) and writing/planning my RPG for this month, plan out changes to school room -- draft list of to do, stuff we need -- and spend 15" or so planning Christmas.

RPG notes

• work on, post for help with magic/cursed book -- one option: flesh out motivation for creation of book/book's own motivation & allow PCs to suborn it?
  • work on game for next week: get info on new player, figure out where everybody is, how to re-incorporate player who's back from maternity leave, have fleshed-out options for "palace" conflict, for the tavern/bar resolution, for the artifact in the excavation site, for the mainland ambassador, for the city's gov't (there was some sort of board of representatives that was due to meet in a few days)
  • have two options (at least) for players to pursue next: port city + ???

Lunch: Get groceries away from DH's shopping run, probably watch Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

Afternoon: piano practice, chores, language & poetry review, prep for evening game, fitness.

Dinner: takeout

Evening: RPG, my younger child is running tonight's game. 

Be kind & loving & enthusiastic, stay sane.  🙂 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning. I'm dead. I wrote over 10,000 words yesterday, cooked, cleaned, and that was all I had in me. 

Today's goals:

House: chores

Cooking: beef stew, biscuits and honey, also making a few hamburgers for us to eat for lunch tomorrow, and the chocolate pie filling and a crust for Thursday.

Writing: 5000 to 7000 words, personal reading, writers' meeting

Art: continue painting, sketches

Exercise: 5 miles to walk

Extra: buy chicken food, get drinks for trip to art museum tomorrow!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I'm dead. I wrote over 10,000 words yesterday, cooked, cleaned, and that was all I had in me.

Wow!!!  like: !!!!!!  That's amazing!  DH is going to fall over, I mentioned your 5K words-per-day to him last week and he was floored.  Good luck recovering! 

We made it through today: essential vacation-school, got chores done, cut boys' hair (looks fine but took forever), fitness okay.  Did NOT get the pie ingredients prepped, so tomorrow'll be crazy busy.  Did get some RPG work done. 

• Like 1

Just now, serendipitous journey said:

Morning!  I'm feeling rather satisfied for posting in the AM.  If barely. 

Today: pies, fitness (me & boys), read something challenging + cool, chores, get outside, work on RPG.  I got some wonderful help on Reddit, so I just need to apply it & ask for help with my next problem. 

PS: bonus content 😉 

Head rub brings happiness to a baby

Apparently, sea urchins like hats

• Like 1

Evening! Home again. Spent all day at the art museum and came home with some ideas and a bunch of sycamore leaves that I just needed. They are in the refrigerator to stay moist until I decide what to do with them. 

Everyone is home tomorrow, so I'll be writing and doing a little cooking. 

• Like 1

Morning! Happy Thanksgiving. 

Today's goals:

House: chores

Cooking: steaks, potato rounds, cranberry sauce, broccoli, pumpkin bread, chocolate pie

Art: continue sketches

Exercise: Walk 5 miles (I'm going to try--I have blisters from the day before, so I may not get very far)

Extra: have hot chocolate tonight just because.

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving!  (late!)

Today: finish eating leftover pie. 

Work on game: try to get play-able by end of day.

Fix the living room, which is utterly disheveled b/c of furniture moving.  Ideally leave it better than it was.

Food: chicken stock, prep veggies to roast, prep second round of pies, clean out 'fridge.

House: straighten, remove + clean screens, clean some windows.

Fitness: boys (run), me (aerobic, strength). 

Joy. 

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1