Menu

scarlethand

If Phonics Pathways has been working well for her, then perhaps stick with it? I've often seen Phonics Pathways paired with Reading Pathways to reinforce the content with great success. I'm afraid by jumping around too much that you'll confuse her or miss material. Alternatively, if she enjoyed Reading Eggs, then that's worth a shot as well.

My son is going to use Logic of English Foundations for phonics, handwriting, spelling, and grammar next year in K. He's severely speech delayed so I believe the O-G method will work best, and AAR/AAS was way too much cutting/coloring for reinforcement to keep his interest. We'll likely skip over the grammar component of LOE, though, because we're planning to use First Language Lessons starting in 1st Grade.

I've used all three of those programs that you mention in your title.   (And reading eggs....and 100 Lessons, and so many more!) 

Wtih my youngest child, we have been using Logic of English Foundations A-D and I like it MUCH better than everything else you have listed.  It is SUPER fun, very easy to teach, and kids just get it!     We pair it with the I See Sam Readers once he has learned enough of hte phonograms.  (LOE recommends Bob books, but IMHO the I See Sam readers are so much better.)

On 11/21/2020 at 3:20 PM, scarlethand said:

I started using alpha phonics in kindergarten along with adventures in phonics by clp. We got through 3/4 of alpha phonics but i stopped as I dont think she was absorbing it as well just reading the patterns. I started using phonics pathways with adventures in phonics and her blending was better. I did a free trial of reading eggs and she liked that. I have been looking at sing spell read and write as well as all about reading to pair with phonics pathways. Which is your favorite? I just want to stick with one program all the way through. Just do phonics pathways? I like how ssrw is a total language arts program. Is the aar and aas more advanced? Is phonics pathways more advanced? 

I am the type to go overboard and try to do too much.

Like for math i chose saxon math and then also bought math u see to use as well. Well couldnt do all that so ended up selling the math u see. Now i know i will just stick with saxon through high school.

You know, you are right to just pick one and stick with it. All of the things you mention are good phonics methods, but they all present it a little differently, and it could be confusing to your little person.

AAR/AAS are not more "advanced" than anything else. I think it's overpriced, but that's just me. Phonics Pathways is not more "advanced." In fact, it's an exercise in futility to try to figure out if one product or method is more "advanced" than another. They all do a good job; just pick one.

SSRW is not a "total language arts program." It teaches phonics/reading, spelling, and penmanship. "Language arts" also includes composition, literature, vocabulary, and grammar. It does a fine job of teaching phonics/reading, spelling, and penmanship. If your dc likes all the singing and whatnot, then stick with that. I think it, too, is pricey, but if it's in your budget, and your dc likes it, then stick with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24.11.2020 at 5:33 PM, TheAttachedMama said:

I've used all three of those programs that you mention in your title.   (And reading eggs....and 100 Lessons, and so many more!) 

Wtih my youngest child, we have been using Logic of English Foundations A-D and I like it MUCH better than everything else you have listed.  It is SUPER fun, very easy to teach, and kids just get it!     We pair it with the I See Sam Readers once he has learned enough of hte phonograms.  (LOE recommends Bob books, but IMHO the I See Sam readers are so much better.)

It is very interesting. I will try