Menu

20 in 20 for 2020 Day 20!

Slache

Time for exercise a plenty!

So, did you accomplish something you hadn't planned on? Learned anything?

If you found these threads beneficial, please join the exercise threads. I have not participated in a few years, but those girls are awesome!

Isaac has dressed up for our last day.

20201117_142317.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Done! It has been great. I managed to squeeze in a mile walk in the neighborhood on days when my normal exercise routine didn't include any forward progress (weights, yoga, rest day). This has all combined to help put me 70% of the way along Hadrian's Wall, yay! I  am most likely to continue with the walks because I like listening to my podcasts, and I only do that while exercising in a forward-progress kind of way.

Thanks for the boost, @Slache

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for doing these.  I just walked a bit over a mile around the block at the hospital while I wait for my daughter.  The challenge motivated me to walk instead of just sitting in the car and waiting.

I got at least a mile (often more) in every day so that was great.  All but yesterday were outside miles, no matter what the weather.  With covid, that is going to be important.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It was a squeaker, because I dawdled getting going this morning and then remembered I had to run out for a doctor's appointment first thing. However, I did manage to drag the dog with me for 1.1 miles before leaving.

Both cardio and stationary bike will have to get squeezed in at some point later in the day.

I can't compete with adorable Isaac, but I did see this guy while out walking earlier:

IMG_20201120_072625325~3.jpg

Edited by Jenny in Florida
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Isaac is too cute - that is why you got the laughing emoji.

Although I would have exercised most days anyways, I am glad to have joined the group and been accountable for being active every day.  

Congratulations to us all and may we all have health and good feelings in all aspects of our lives!

Oops!  Forgot to add I did 2.39 miles on the elliptical this morning. 

Fridays are the hardest day to justify - getting ready for Shabbat (The Jewish Sabbath - which is like Thanksgiving if you did two large, multi-course meals TWICE a week and only able to do all the prep and cooking BEFORE Thanksgiving began) ESPECIALLY now that it begins (and all cooking must cease) at 4pm this week (almost the earliest time - earliest is 3:54pm, then the times start getting later as days start to lengthen again).

Edited by YaelAldrich
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Slache said:

Time for exercise a plenty!

So, did you accomplish something you hadn't planned on? Learned anything?

If you found these threads beneficial, please join the exercise threads. I have not participated in a few years, but those girls are awesome!

Isaac has dressed up for our last day.

20201117_142317.jpg

He's off to the office.  Those homeschooled kids are so precocious!

I walked all 20 days.  OK, I probably fudged the "mile" part a few times, and I walked really slow, but I did it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It rained on and off today, then I had massage therapy. I didn't want to "ruin" the feel of the massage so I did Jessica Smith's recovery video. 

Thank you for doing this @Slache. I've enjoyed it. And thank you for sharing Isaac with us. ❤️ 

@Jenny in FloridaI think I sent you my info but will double check my box. 

• Like 3

Finished with two around-the-block walks today. The challenge got me outside more which is good for my mental health, and it got me trading after school food for after school movement which is showing up on the scale. But it did get hard on some over-scheduled days. I will still do my morning workouts 6 days/week but will enjoy a little break from HAVING to go out for more in the afternoons. But I might come back for December if that becomes a thing. Thanks for setting this up.

• Like 5

DD12 and I walked around the neighborhood again today.

I've enjoyed going on a walk every day except one and realizing that it is OK to walk for just a mile. I think I wasn't getting started before because I set the bar too high. I've enjoyed time with my kids, since most days, at least one has joined me. I've been surprised at how frequently others have wanted to come in order to not get left out.

Dd12 knew this was her challenge, too, and she did a great job keeping me accountable. I'm going to see what she wants to do next. 🙂

• Like 6

I didn't get to bike on the last night.  I decided to skip it (again) because I could barely walk.

I have enjoyed the challenge, though.  I just recently started exercising, so it was good for me to have a little bit of accountability, even if I can't participate every day.

• Like 4

So on top of finishing the daily walking goal, last night I did a live Zoom DDP Yoga class. OMG - so proud of myself. It went long - was a full hour and 42 minutes! I was a sweat drenched lump of a human by the end, and it took me several minutes to make it off the floor, but wow! And had I not started with the short, easy goals of 15 minutes a day I'd have never made it to the point of doing that long workout!

• Like 4

Is there anyone else who would be interested in keeping up a thread for very low key exercise?  Or partnering by PM?  

This motivated me to move every day, but a lot of that was just walking places I might otherwise drive.  I think I did at least about mile every day, but I didn't measure anything.  

I'm not really ready for more, but I'd love to have some motivation to continue what I'm doing, especially as the weather gets worse.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BaseballandHockey said:

Is there anyone else who would be interested in keeping up a thread for very low key exercise?  Or partnering by PM?  

This motivated me to move every day, but a lot of that was just walking places I might otherwise drive.  I think I did at least about mile every day, but I didn't measure anything.  

I'm not really ready for more, but I'd love to have some motivation to continue what I'm doing, especially as the weather gets worse.

Like a baby steps exercise thread? I'd be in. Or a "Daily Movement" thread. 

2 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Like a baby steps exercise thread? I'd be in. Or a "Daily Movement" thread. 

Yeah.  Something like that.

To be honest, for me, I don't think it's even baby steps.  I'd just like to hold where I am and survive the holidays, and some upcoming stuff.  

I feel like I've been able to post on this thread about "accomplishments" like walking my kids to their grandfather's (1/3 of a mile away on flat terrain) and then walking back home.  On a "real" exercise thread, I think that would not count as an accomplishment. 

4 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

Yeah.  Something like that.

To be honest, for me, I don't think it's even baby steps.  I'd just like to hold where I am and survive the holidays, and some upcoming stuff.  

I feel like I've been able to post on this thread about "accomplishments" like walking my kids to their grandfather's (1/3 of a mile away on flat terrain) and then walking back home.  On a "real" exercise thread, I think that would not count as an accomplishment. 

I totally get it. A daily movement thread, versus the more intense workout ones. 

• Like 2

I am glad to see there are other people who would be interested.  I'm not the person to start it though.  Even though these threads motivated me, I mostly didn't post on them, I found motivation in the fact that they existed, but I kept thinking "Oh, I'll post tomorrow".  

So, we would need someone who is either lazy like exercise (like me) but not about posting (so not like me) or someone like Margaret (or many others of you) who is lazy about either, but still chooses to hang out with us lazy people.