Menu

Springerdoodles are so cute!

Hilltopmom

Does anyone here have a Springerdoodle (springer spaniel/ poodle mix)?

My brother is getting one and there are a few more litter mates available. I’m desperately trying to talk dh into a new dog- we’ve been pet less a few years now. These are actually a springer spaniel/golden doodle mix.

They’re adorable! And seem like will be great family dogs.

random photo grabbed from google search-

The actual puppies were just born and still look like rats 😉

29C495F1-1989-4003-9A68-56358B1C12E0.jpeg

Edited by Hilltopmom
  • Like 15

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

They are adorable.  But I will warn you that the Springer spaniel part of them is very very active.  Or at least can be.  I had one who had puppy adhd until he was 14 years old and have known one that was a couch potato but most I have known have been on the active side of the "middle". 

I have a friend with two Springer spaniels, and they are both very well trained but active is certainly an understatement.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spryte said:

They are adorable!

We have a Schnoodle, aka a couch potato.  He has acted like an old man since puppyhood.  Looks very similar, but apparently less, ummm, active.  

Is that Schnauzer and Poodle? We have a very mellow Australian Labradoodle - she happily walks eight miles with us but she's normally very content with a daily two-mile walk.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Is that Schnauzer and Poodle? We have a very mellow Australian Labradoodle - she happily walks eight miles with us but she's normally very content with a daily two-mile walk.

Yes, Schnauzer and Poodle.  He is very easy-going and mellow, except when the Australian Shepherd taunts him with the “baby” (stuffed toy).  He will chase her around the yard for it, barking incessantly, but he can’t possibly catch her.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Springers vary in energy level - the show lines are much more laid back than the field lines. Field lines are....well, hyper is a mild word, lol. 

But show lines are not bad at all - they will play when it is play time but not destroy the world if you don't wear them out 24/7. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DawnM said:

We have a Goldendoodle but as we were looking, I fell in love with Aussiedoodles.   I think that will be our next dog.

Aussiedoodles - Archer Hill Farm

We love Aussies, and always seem to have one.  And we love our doodle dog (the schnoodle, current Aussie’s best friend).

I showed this to DH and he said, “It’s the perfect dog!”  So true.

Dawn, please post pics when you get one.  Adorable.

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Spryte said:

We love Aussies, and always seem to have one.  And we love our doodle dog (the schnoodle, current Aussie’s best friend).

I showed this to DH and he said, “It’s the perfect dog!”  So true.

Dawn, please post pics when you get one.  Adorable.

I will.   Our older dog is still kicking, so it won't be until after she passes away, but the breeder where we got our goldendoodle, also breeds Aussiedoodles and will give us a discount on a 2nd purchase, so we will prob go through her again.

• Like 1

I've yet to meet a Springer Spaniel that's not a maniac.  Even the calm ones (that I've met) are only calm compared to other springer spaniels.  Maybe the poodle will calm them down?  I seem to have met a disproportionate number of springer spaniels and fewer than average poodles.  😄