Menu

Hepa filter recommendations please

Hilltopmom

11 minutes ago, MEmama said:

I bought these for our bedrooms: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VVF6R5L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm really pleased with them. They are quiet and make a noticeable difference. 

Are you able to find replacement filters too? I’d like to get a stash of those at the same time

This is the one we bought recently-

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/honeywell-insighttm-hpa5300b-500-sq-ft-hepa-air-purifier-black-black/6412444.p?skuId=6412444&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=368&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1260582&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-bDUv5WC7QIVksDACh2J2AIyEAQYAiABEgIWXvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Dh had a positive covid test on Tuesday and is working from home now. He needs to be in the main area of the house during the day due to internet issues. (We are rural and he can't get a good  connection through wifi.)

I park the purifier near him during the day and place it in the hallway, between 2 bedrooms at night.

It is super quiet.

Edited by Navymon
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hilltopmom said:

Are you able to find replacement filters too? I’d like to get a stash of those at the same time

They were available when I bought the units. It looks like Amazon currently has a limited supply, but the units do come with filters so you’d be good for several months without a replacement if needed.

• Thanks 1

Fwiw, we change our pre-filter every 1-3 months. Our HEPA filters get changed at least yearly. That said, when our AQI was 400+ outside during the wildfires our HEPA filters were turning deep brown after a week of use. We didn’t have our IQAir internal air monitor then, but we are in a modern house with good windows....ie in better shape than most in our area. If you are in any sort of area where you think you might really be using the HEPA features, I wouldn’t think I could just do changes as a yearly one and done. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Fwiw, we change our pre-filter every 1-3 months. Our HEPA filters get changed at least yearly. That said, when our AQI was 400+ outside during the wildfires our HEPA filters were turning deep brown after a week of use. 

We stock up on replacement filters before every wildfire season. My husband orders from Amazon. We actually buy the same model of air filters for each room so that it is easier to bulk buy replacement filters.

Our Honeywell air filter is a little noisy but my teens like the unintentional white noise effect.

• Thanks 1

I bought a Blue Air 211+ and  Winix for my classroom. Combined, they can change out the air in my classroom in 12 minutes. With Covid spreading like wildfire in the schools, I think it's essential to have an air purifier in the room. I also double mask for my bigger classes.

The Blue Air 211+ is rated for 560 sq ft. The Winix is at a great price right now at Costco and comes with 2 years worth of filters. It is also very quiet on the two lower levels.

• Thanks 1