Menu

2020 edition ~ Have you encountered a unique gift? Post it here...

Kareni

6 hours ago, saraha said:

That looks like a lovely gift, saraha; thanks for posting the link.

On the same theme, there is a nice selection of indigenous gifts here ~

Strong Nations

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kareni said:

Today's finds (courtesy of this list) ~

Sudski

'Hi. I’m Mat.' Mat

Cat tarot

World's Smallest Vacuum (I see there is also a hair dryer and leaf blower available!)

The Original Wine Condoms

Regards,

Kareni

I am still looking for a gift for my neighbor. I don't think I can gift wine condoms. She's 81, and honestly, she'd probably love it - I just don't think I can do it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

DH is getting a replacement for a Mars Attacks action figure that we lost many moves ago. It alternately says gibberish and “We come in peace!” He’s in the middle of a long deployment and this is a movie we both love. It will bring him joy.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 6

On 11/24/2020 at 8:42 PM, Kareni said:

Someone somewhere wants this calendar. 

Regards,

Kareni

OMG, I'm actually sorely tempted to get this as a gift for DS14, whose chore it is to scoop the litter. (He chose to take this job over from me to make money—and I pay goooood money for this one—so don't feel too sorry for him. LOL) He actually gets irritated with himself when he forgets and I remind him. "I don't know why I keep forgetting!" OK, son, thanks to the hive, I've got the fix for that this Christmas! 😆

ETA: This would have been a weirdly appropriate calendar for 2020.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, popmom said:

I appreciate the links to all the fidget spinners!

You are quite welcome!

1 hour ago, popmom said:

This may not be super unique, but I got 2 of my dds a cold brew Coffeesock. I had never heard of them before, and my dds love cold brew.

Those do look good. I hope they'll be well received.

5 hours ago, Sneezyone said:

DH is getting a replacement for a Mars Attacks action figure that we lost many moves ago. It alternately says gibberish and “We come in peace!” He’s in the middle of a long deployment and this is a movie we both love. It will bring him joy.

That does sound neat; I hope your husband will be delighted.

6 hours ago, historically accurate said:

I am still looking for a gift for my neighbor. I don't think I can gift wine condoms. She's 81, and honestly, she'd probably love it - I just don't think I can do it...

If you change your mind, we definitely want to know!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We bought a giant coloring page for Thanksgiving with family and it was such a hit! Young and old spent time coloring and it was a great way to pass time while still visiting.  I think it's going to take a while to actually finish it, but I think it would make a great gift.  They're having a pretty good sale this weekend too.

https://debbielynn.net/

Edited by Lady Marmalade
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, IfIOnly said:

I love these so much and know they will be hit. Looking forward to making these cookies with my crew sometime this holiday season!

Those ninjabread men are really cute! Thanks for sharing, IfIOnly.

2 hours ago, Lady Marmalade said:

We bought a giant coloring page for Thanksgiving with family and it was such a hit! 

https://debbielynn.net/

Those are nifty indeed, Lady Marmalade. Which poster did your family work on?

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IfIOnly said:

I love these so much and know they will be hit. Looking forward to making these cookies with my crew sometime this holiday season!

IMG_20201128_201623923.jpg

The actual cookie ingredients in the kit won't work for us, but I just knew my son (actor/dancer/stuntman) would love these. So I found some cookie cutters for sale without the cookie ingredients. I'm planning to bake and decorate a batch of vegan-friendly cookies and give those to him along with the cookie cutters. 

Thanks for posting!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jenny in Florida said:

The actual cookie ingredients in the kit won't work for us, but I just knew my son (actor/dancer/stuntman) would love these. So I found some cookie cutters for sale without the cookie ingredients. I'm planning to bake and decorate a batch of vegan-friendly cookies and give those to him along with the cookie cutters. 

Thanks for posting!

You're welcome! What a great gift for him personally. Planning on making our own gingerbread dough too! Sooo much better homemade.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kareni said:

Today's first find ~

Useless Box

Regards,

Kareni

I don't post much but I always love the gift ideas. Just wanted to say that I got this box last year for Christmas and I love it! It's rather soothing, really. I teach middle school and took it into my class (Before Covid) and my students all loved when I used it as a bribe, err, prize for various things.

Mine doesn't have the writing on it and it took me a few minutes for figure out the point, but after that it was just so cool.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, felicity said:

I don't post much but I always love the gift ideas....

Thanks so much for chiming in, felicity. It's great to get a first hand account. 

There are many styles of useless boxes (none of which I'd known about before starting this thread); you can see more here.

And here is a kit to build your own.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 8:33 AM, Emba said:

I saw on Facebook today that there’s a Latin translation available of Hank the Cowdog and thought some of you guys might like to know!

https://logospressonline.com/products/hancus-ille-vaccanis-hank-the-cowdog-in-latin/?fbclid=IwAR193fbPTznXMf5RtiA1RdO1wKNVrvNrtzM6kssWmx7O6WFZQM2XJMbnKkA

I'm bringing this over from another board. My daughter who loved Hank the Cowdog as a child and who majored in Latin at college would enjoy getting this. 

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 5

23 hours ago, bzymom said:

New York Public Library has free shipping right now, and you can enter your email for 10 % off.

http://www.shop.nypl.org

They do indeed have some lovely items, bzymom, and a huge catalogue of gifts.

I liked

Wine Chemistry Stemless Glass Set

And these are charming

Succulent Aloe Plant Plush

Boiled Egg Plush

Avocado Plush

Thanks for sharing the link!

Regards,

Kareni

On 11/29/2020 at 7:47 PM, bzymom said:

New York Public Library has free shipping right now, and you can enter your email for 10 % off.

Some beautiful gifts, variety of price ranges.  I ordered a few puzzles, and saw a puzzle game called Shuffleface that looked like fun for the right group.  The tote bags are perfect for some of my kids, too.  

http://www.shop.nypl.org

The free 'library card' gift tags are adorable!

• Like 3

This isn't exactly unique, but I thought I'd share anyway...

We have lots of ladies on our friends/family list who love nice purses. I usually dismiss this as a gift idea because they're way too pricey at the mall and specialty shops for a Christmas present.

But - when you check their online stores, there are TONS of sales, discount codes, etc! So far, I've ordered stuff directly from Vera Bradley, Dooney & Bourke, and COACH at a fraction of the regular price. Many of these were newly released items as well that happened to be on a special sale. I have a special SPAM email account just for those email alerts!

So - some people on our gift lists are getting $300, authentic purses straight from the source that I bought under/~ $100.

The Vera Bradley stuff especially goes on sale with additional percentages allll the time and we've scooped up some unbelievable buys there for gifts.

• Like 4

On 11/29/2020 at 12:52 AM, IfIOnly said:

IMG_20201128_201623923.jpg

we have these and enjoy them. Just be sure to choose a cookie dough recipe that doesn’t spread in the oven lest you end up with some pudgy ninjas. Just sayin’...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, easypeasy said:

This isn't exactly unique, but I thought I'd share anyway...

We have lots of ladies on our friends/family list who love nice purses....

... when you check their online stores, there are TONS of sales, discount codes, etc! So far, I've ordered stuff directly from Vera Bradley, Dooney & Bourke, and COACH at a fraction of the regular price....

This sounds like an inspired idea, easypeasy! Thanks for sharing your method.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kareni said:

How about a t-shirt with math or computer humor? 

This could be perfect.

One

Two

Bringing the above over from a different thread 

Plus ~

She Series Collage - Special Pop Culture Edition Poster

15 ELASTIC BOOK BANDS THAT ARE TOO PRETTY TO HIDE BETWEEN YOUR PAGES

40 OUTSTANDING LITERARY KEYCHAINS FOR YOUR BOOKISH LIFE

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jenny in Florida said:

I saw an ad for this site, which I hadn't heard of before: https://www.bustedtees.com/

No one in my family needs (or even has space to store) another sarcastic t-shirt, but this outlet has some I hadn't seen before that made me smile.

Buyer beware on Busted Tees: Their shirts are great, but dealing with them is a huge pain.  I ordered shirts in June for my ds' birthday and didn't receive them for two months. They kept telling me that they were running a little behind, but my order was about to be shipped. Finally, I canceled the order and THEN they shipped them out. I've seen several other people comment that they had a similarly bad experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jenny in Florida said:

I saw an ad for this site, which I hadn't heard of before: https://www.bustedtees.com/

No one in my family needs (or even has space to store) another sarcastic t-shirt, but this outlet has some I hadn't seen before that made me smile.

They do have some fun shirts, Jenny! Thanks for sharing the link. Some I like include ~

Red Shirt

Hogwarts Mail

Hero Song

One Door, Mordor, Gondor

Dumble's Door

4 hours ago, Selkie said:

Buyer beware on Busted Tees: Their shirts are great, but dealing with them is a huge pain....

and thank you for the warning, Selkie!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not super unique, but I've ordered twice from https://www.teeturtle.com/ this Christmas, and I've been pleased with my purchases. Everything is so cute -- I've ordered enamel pins (boba cat!) and three tees (slightly rough material but I love the artwork!) I bought this one for myself:

https://www.teeturtle.com/products/good-day?variant=32616237385

• Like 4

15 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

Not super unique, but I've ordered twice from https://www.teeturtle.com/ this Christmas, and I've been pleased with my purchases. Everything is so cute -- I've ordered enamel pins (boba cat!) and three tees (slightly rough material but I love the artwork!) I bought this one for myself:

https://www.teeturtle.com/products/good-day?variant=32616237385

I was thinking how cheerful that dinosaur looked, alisoncooks, and then I noticed the meteor headed its way. Very cute!

I like:

The obligatory owl

Science humor

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 4