Menu

Alex Trebek passed away

edelweiss

It is sad, though he's been fighting pancreatic cancer since at least March 2019. He must have been one amazing fighter!

He was one of the most well-known Canadian. We have the same alma matar, and there is a hall named after him. 

He stepped up the bar for 'game shows' and was also a wonderful community builder.  He will certainly be missed. 

• Like 1

I’m so sad. We have so many memories wrapped around Jeopardy. My late mother just loved it- she never finished high school but was so smart- she quietly whispered the answers and usually beat us. Our oldest and youngest loved Jeopardy and when they came home, whether it was from college or bringing significant others to meet us, they always wanted to watch Jeopardy as a family.   Once dh heard the category for final Jeopardy and guessed the answer without hearing the question. Sure, it was a fluke, but so fun. 
Rest In Peace, Alex. Well done. 

• Like 2

I just saw this on my facebook page. Alex had close ties with Ottawa, Ontario, the capital of Canada. Here is a tribute from the Parliament of Canada for Alex. Very cool! They played the Jeopardy theme with the bells of Parliament. 

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/parliament_hills_bell_tower_played_the_jeopardy_theme_to_honour_alex_trebek?utm_source=facebookpage&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fbpwall&fbclid=IwAR396XRLdlU89gQ8QmjTzs9kQg5yQ0Fcgw1d73R71mFOlrXvX2xQmbwf0sI

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 1