Menu

Accountability Thread 11/8-11/14

Morning! It's another good week. Let's see what I can make of today.

House: chores, groceries

School: schedules

Cooking: none

Writing: 5000 words over two stories, personal reading

Exercise: Walk 5 miles

Art: weekly planning, work on finishing my transparency exercise today.

Morning! 

Today: focus on languages for school, include some Bible and fine art study, math and practical art.  Kudos for any English that happens. 

House: usual, keep chugging, dinner: Mystery Meal.  Probably involving chicken, cornmeal biscuits, and broccolini. 

Outdoors: water dry things, get outside some.

Get a sense of our week, do that RPG work, finish ordering boys' clothing. 

(plus assorted: work on free reading booklists; figure out music-listening for boys,)

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 1

Morning!

A warm, damp morning here. Good day for doing things.

Today's tasks:

House: chores, bed, bath, linens

School: usual

Cooking: roast, gravy, cauliflower, peach cobbler

Writing: 5000-6000 words over two stories, personal reading

Exercise: walk 5 miles

Art: finish art project, sketching

• Like 1

Morning!  Hope that today continues to be good for doing things!!!

We did hit "fine arts" this morning, hurrah; listened to + watched some Prokofiev performances, then I had elder pick a Dorothea Lange image for closer discussion (we've subbed her in for Mary Cassatt, 'cause elder was just not connecting to Cassatt at all) and he selected the most beautiful, astonishing image from this Apollo article.  We couldn't figure out what it was, so after our discussion of the work as a visual thing I hunted around and learned it was from the Manzanar internment camp for Americans of Japanese descent during WWII.  I think I'm still recovering from the gorgeousness mixed up with the utter heartbreak. 

Then outside a bit, now boys are in language class. 

For this week:

• Hammer in: languages, math, English, fine arts, younger's music, elder's room-cleaning project.
  • Read & progress in history and science.
  • Fitness:
    • boys run 5 days (probably Sun, Tu-Fri) + DareBee RPG 6 days
    • me: am yoga, step or run, and do micro "ballet" each day esp. to get my sleep firmed up
  • Nutrition:
    • lots of veggies for me at lunches; plenty of fruits & veggies for boys, too.
  • House: routines, improve DH's study with small table, lamp, maybe try to find a carpet; work on lighting for school space
  • Garden: keep up with stuff maintenance stuff.
  • Family film this weekend: Coco
  • Focus on building joy + working hard.

Today: finish languages with boys, hit some math + English + memory.  Lunch reading: Bible, we didn't get to that yesterday, I need to get hold of a schedule for our readings, probably from Ambleside.  Fitness all around, chores as above. 

• Like 1

Morning! Amazing stuff with that image, @serendipitous journey 

Today's goals look a lot like yesterday's.

House: chores, linens

School: usual (I have to order things for after Thanksgiving. We are about out of Latin, History, and getting close on Math. Plus I want some science for winter and spring)

Cooking: baked potato and fixings night

Writing: 5000 words, personal reading, writers' meeting stuff

• Like 1

Morning!

Migraine today, so chief business is not hurling 😉 and keeping on keeping on.  Let's say that today's list is basically yesterday's: chipping away at the week's work, one day at a time. 

PS: eek!  just remembered younger has online quiz due today.  Need to write his teacher & ask her to send notification to parents about quizzes, plus make sure he takes it -- thank goodness we've been good about studying. 

• Like 1

Morning. Not really feeling like a brave toaster today, but I'll get up and get after it. After caffeine.

Today's goals:

House: chores, kitchen

Cooking: baked potatoes tonight. Yesterday I swapped a meal from later in the week and we had taco meat and rice pudding.

Writing: 5000 words, personal reading

Art: keep working on character art today

• Like 1

Hope that the caffeine helped, @Critterfixer  🙂 

Migraine gone, hurrah! 

Today: light school -- languages, some math, music for younger, sculpture program for elder, super quick fine arts.  We watched some of the Lt. Kije/Kizhe film a la Prokofiev's suite, and I'm letting that count for fine arts too.  History reading for younger, chemistry reading for elder. 

House: chores, dinner is takeout for "date night" and tomorrow we're up for breaded pork chops + butter lettuce salad.  That was meant for last night but we fell back on wraps made with leftover chicken, hummus &c.  Friday dinner: ???  Would like to use up some squashes though the other members of the family aren't squash fans. 

Also, today should ring somebody RE piano. 

In addition: fitness; bedtime stories; plan time to settle younger, who's been having night anxiety lately. 

Finally: plan for fun + rigor on Thurs & Friday. 

• Like 1

Morning! 

Today's goals:

House: chores

School: Light day

Cooking: chili, cornbread, caramel apples

Exercise: walk 5 miles

Art: new idea for a massive  book project that may take me into the spring to complete, but I'm very excited for it. Sketching concept art today and a cover.

• Like 1

Morning! 

School: touch on: languages, math, writing, fine arts.  Read some history + science. 

Music for elder, sculpture for younger. 

And a catch-up day: fitness, house, and so on. 

Dinner: breaded pork chops, salad, baked acorn squash, some sort of dessert: oatmeal cookies if I can find raisins; else, peanut butter cookies. 

• Like 1

Morning. Happy Friday the 13th. May a black cat come, sit in your lap, and bring you good luck when you give it ear scritches.

Today's goals:

House: chores, house sweep, go through my shoes and pick a different pair to break in this coming week. My old ones have had it.

Cooking: leftovers

Art: continue painting cover for that project

Extra: take out plants for washing and watering.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

Goodness, Friday the 13th never even registered with me!  Hoping for cuddly black cats to come your way, too. 

Today was basics, music, sanity.  Dinner is fixin' to be cleaning-the-fridge pizzas: there was enough red sauce for children to have a standard cheese pizza, DH & I are getting a fake-fromage-blanc (cream cheese + cream + splash of lemon juice for the heck of it), boiled bacon & onion "pizza".  Bit of salad, fresh veggies, popcorn later. 

And this is a family movie weekend: "Coco". 

For next week -- I'll need to start this tomorrow -- really slam the music practice with younger; plenty of languages, math + English; plan some daily time to work with elder; keep up with fitness for me and fitness/running for boys; and try to add having a plate of fresh veggies for folks to munch on while I make dinner.  Children will have mandatory enjoyment of said veggies.  🙂 

• Like 1

Morning! 

Chief order of the day: migraine management.  I think, if nobody objects, I'll use this space to jot my notes as I go through the day.  If somebody does object I can fix it later! 

Today's essential acute stuff: fitness (run + DareBee for boys; yoga, aerobics, strength, before-bed yoga for me in a bid to reset my physiology); house cleaning (FlyLady work, routines, clean kitchen screens); prep school for next week (usual suspects, hammer in the boys' fitness, would love to do a ton of science and get to memory work, Shakespeare & Bible); come up with a plan for 30 - 60 minutes independent work for younger during day; draft a rough schedule for the week incorporating all the funky stuff that comes up; work on my RPG some; work on holidays some. 

Today's planning work: in addition to independent work schedule + rough schedule above, draft of meals for the week and of science work for boys and practice piano.

this week:

• Thanksgiving prep
  • find watch with timer for elder + younger
  • Like 1

I sure don't object. I worked today, and started yet another book for NaNoWriMo. This is a long-term project with a ton of art involved, so it will take me the better part of a year. I decided to work on the text this month while planning the art and starting it this winter.

• Like 1