Menu

20 in 20 for 2020 Day 8!

Slache

Done!

DH drug our driveway yesterday (gravel), so I had to avoid the driveway hill and only walk along the flat lane. The driveway felt like walking in sand, with the constant threat of twisting an ankle. Hopefully it will be packed down soon!

Have a blessed Sunday, everyone!

• Like 4

I saw this because facebook is giving me nothing but fitness related ads. It's not my thing, but thought someone here may be interested. You pay a subscription fee, set a monthly walking goal in miles, get walking workouts to listen to while you walk (audio only, no videos that I can tell) and at the end of the month if you reach your goal you get a bracelet with the theme of the month on it. https://www.99walks.fit/landing-2?fbclid=IwAR03SGvKTjk5_zoaXYCUYCpAH508_Fm4puuGkIhNipq97QA6928mDpiQrUk&utm_expid=.QnnQYYPYT0-GKivxxvTc0A.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fl.facebook.com%2F

I think if you google you can find a code for a free trial week. Otherwise cost is $15 which I think includes the audio guided walks and the bracelet each month. 

I walk with my DD 10 usually, so listening on my headphones to something wouldn't be really feasible or polite, lol. But if I was walking solo I might be interested..maybe. I don't really wear jewelry, so maybe not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As of yesterday, we were projected to get some icky weather today. So I got out and did my outdoor mile (1.2 today, I think) as soon as I woke up. 

I also did my own personal 4.9K once I got inside as a make-up for one of the events I had registered for but missed while first dealing with the broken arm and vertigo. Because a lot of it was walking in place, my Fitbit doesn't think I did the full distance, but I matched Leslie Sansone step for step on her 5K video, so I've decided it counts.

• Like 5

I'm a few days behind. 

Thursday - walked while my kids were playing during lunch time.

Friday - went to a local prairie to hunt for a short-eared owl with ds15. We got in the walk and watched the owl frying. Little ones found a snake. DD14 got a beautiful sunset photo.

Saturday - walked while waiting for my kids to be done with youth group

Today - walk with dd12 around neighborhood before lunch.

This is a good habit-builder!

• Like 4

Just did a 1 mile Leslie Sansone video. Actually a bit more, because I started on and didn't like it so switched a few minutes in, lol. 

Tried it with some new shoes that came today - "indoor cardio/studio" shoes. Not sure if I'm keeping them. May order a wide to compare. (I don't have sweaty feet and wore socks and had them on only the 15 minutes on clean indoor floors)

• Like 5

In the 70s today in Ct. The orange sugar maple leaves have mostly blown down but the Japanese red maples are still glorious, and the ghastly overrunning euonymous understory scrub trees, which 11/12 months of the year I LOATHE, are in their one brief season of gloriousness.

1.1 m loop.  So far I've kept up except the 1 day I worked the polls all day, for which I "banked" in advance. I'm feeling a strange (and unusual) compulsion to accountability, lol, so appreciate the daily check-in threads.

• Like 6

This is a great motivator.

Today was a 2/2.5 mile hike at a new local county park with my dd.  Nice time outside with her.   Park is up and coming as it has only been open just over a year and they had to clear cut some sections.  In a few years the entire park will be beautiful.   There is even a stand of wild rice left from the times that Native Americans came.to gather it.

I also did 8ish miles mountain biking.   It was a crazy idea my friend had.   I said a 50 year old, overweight mom with poor balance is not the best person to take mountain biking.  We actually did OK and had a lot of fun.  Meet 4 more of her extended family there.....none of which had ever mountain bikes ever.

I think I will be sore tomorrow.

• Like 7

My goal was simply 30 minutes of *something*. I spent 5 hours yesterday moving books, shelves, and other heavy things. I mentally counted it because I was too pooped to do anything else. (Naturally, still had to put sheets on the bed.) I can barely move this morning, so I think I'm ok counting that as exercise.

• Like 3