Menu

Red light for sinus issues

Shellydon

I use a Joovv red and near infrared light device on my skin and own a laser light as well. I do not use either for sinus but do use them to improve hearing and retinas. What device are you thinking of using? Vielight?

Balloon sinuplasty might be another option.

Edited by BeachGal

I haven't tried this.  My sinuses improved a lot with regular net pot use, but fixing my deviated septum was the key.  I'm sorry surgery is not an option for your dd.  

Would the doc consider putting in ear tubes?  This is usually done for smaller kids with constantly plugged tubes, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for an older kid as well.  

Ah, Okay.  I havent used either for sinuses.   I know about research into wound healing and skin care for LED and I've read the infra-Red is good for inflamation/arthritus, but I dont know anything more. 

However, my daughter also had the balloon procedure.  I wouldnt' call it surgery though... is that still not an option for your daughter?  The change was like night and day.  She couldn't even get a neti pot to work before the procedure. 

Good luck.  I hope you find some good information.  

You would need a device made by a trustworthy company if you were to try it. You would also need to know what wavelength is suggested. Many of the devices on the market are too weak and/or do not deliver the correct wavelength. Some of the FDA approved devices are not worth buying because the FDA has been known to approve devices that won’t harm but also won’t help. If you buy a device, use what is used in research.

It’s not likely you’d see immediate improvement. I am trialing a device on my ears to see if it will help improve my hearing and plan to use it for as long as six months.

Michael Hamblin at Harvard has done a lot of research in photobiomodulation. It affects mitochondria. Your daughter’s problem is not her mitochondria but her anatomy. In that case balloon sinuplasty might be a better choice. Ask her ENT and if you do go that route, find someone who has done a lot of them.

• Like 1