Menu

I declare a new tradition...

theelfqueen

Election Wednesday shall henceforth be pie day. I mean, it could be a celebratory pie or a consolation pie ... but I need a pie. 

I'm thinking maybe sweet potato or key lime.

What kind of pie would you be wanting? 

I'm an American, so I automatically think sweet pie... but savory could work too... a lovely steak and Guinness pie could do the trick. 

Edited by theelfqueen
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

I'm not really a fan of pie, which is sad because everyone loves pie. The one pie I truly love is key lime, but it must be done right. And it absolutely better not be green! The only gooey fruit pie I like is blueberry because blueberry anything is to die for. 

Edited by Lady Florida.

my Caribbean pineapple pie 

I can't make it anymore because I don't know where to find the extract/flavoring for it. I used to use a Watkins rum extract that was only 18% alcohol. All I can find now is much higher, and it doesn't taste the same. It had more of a butter rum candy flavor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, happi duck said:

If not for covid I'd be dashing out to buy a key lime pie!

Instead I am obsessively drinking coffee, eating donuts and hitting refresh!

Edwards makes a tasty one, if you're okay with corn syrup.  Every time I've taken it to parties, people love it.  Look for it in the freezer section at the grocery.  Here's a link to see what they look like. 

Edited by klmama
  • Like 2

And there's Free Pie Wednesday at O'Charley's restaurant:

"You know that feeling you get on Free Pie Wednesday? Come get it today! For dine-in, come grab your Free Slice of pie with the purchase of an adult entrée OR get your hands on a Free Whole pie with any of our Family-Style Meals To-Go. Pie choices may vary by location. Only while supplies last."

11 hours ago, theelfqueen said:

Election Wednesday shall henceforth be pie day. I mean, it could be a celebratory pie or a consolation pie ... but I need a pie. 

I'm thinking maybe sweet potato or key lime.

What kind of pie would you be wanting? 

I'm an American, so I automatically think sweet pie... but savory could work too... a lovely steak and Guinness pie could do the trick. 

7 hours ago, Excelsior! Academy said:

I approve of your tradition and will be immediately purchasing and consuming pie.  🥧

I'm quoting myself to say that I have now followed up.  Dh purchased said pie and the consuming is about to commence.  I have had all of the news and election watching I can stand for the night.  I now have both key lime and chocolate pies.  I refuse to pick sides this early in the election tabulation so I will be consuming both.  🍋🥧   🍫🥧

• Like 1