Menu

Let’s be lighthearted! Stress eating here. What’s on your menu?

Familia

5 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

If you have huge monster organic sweet potatoes from Costco, cook time is 45 minutes, or you need to cut them into smaller pieces.  

Also, for me, they only keep in the fridge and taste "right" for three days. You can't cook a week's worth at a time.

Freeze the extra in meal size portions.  I do this all the time.  It's great.

ETA: Wait, do you cut yours up all the time?  I wonder if cooking with skin on helps them cook faster.  The ones I cook are huge, although not from Costco.  

Edited by klmama
  • Thanks 1

Couldn't sleep again last night, so napped on and off. For my first meal of the day, after dark already, I just had some creamy blue cheese on day-old Italian bread and a can of coke, and will have Halloween candy for dessert.  I made a pb&j and sliced some melon for my kiddo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

I’ve have chicken strips marinating in seasoned buttermilk all day and I’m about to fry them up. DS is requesting double breading, but this seems a bit excessive to me. We’re also doing bagged salad and leftover pasta on the side. (I’m on a serious leftovers-as-side-dish kick.)

This is pure brilliance!

• Like 1

Are you guys all done with stress eating or am I stress eating for the whole board (sure feels that way)?  I can't stop and am so worried I'm going to grow out of my clothes.  I'm living in leggings and sweats now, so everything is stretchy and am not going near the scale because it will upset me too much.  I wanted to actually lose weight before Thanksgiving and the holiday season to give me a nice buffer since I always go crazy with the holiday treats, but now I'm going into it heavier.  😞  

My menu has been Dairy Queen blizzards, Reese's cups, cookies, and pretzels.  Over and over again.

Too much politics, covid, health issues, etc.  stress stress stress....

On Tuesday part 1, my eating was under control. On Tuesday part 2, I chain-drank caffeine. On Tuesday part 3 (Thursday) I ate all of the things. I moved all of my elastic waistband pants together. Today I made comfort foods—had chicken and noodles over potatoes for supper, followed by cookies. We’ll see what Tuesday part 5 brings tomorrow.

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 2