Menu

Quick Common App Question

Jennay

I looked in the Motherlode thread but couldn't quite find an answer to this question.

In the counselor section it asks the beginning date for the GPA on the transcript.  My DS has two credits on his transcript from 8th grade (Latin 2 and Geometry).  Do I put the beginning date as the beginning of 8th grade? - in his case it would be June 2016 as I count our school year from June 1. 

Thanks! 

(Finishing everything up for EA deadlines on 11/1!)

There is no "right" or "wrong" answer here. Some schools include high school credits earned in middle school in the high school GPA and some don't. A few schools near here used to consider 9th grade part of "lower" school and 10th starts "upper" school, and the high school GPA might start in 10th.

This is a place for you to declare whatever you want to do. If your GPA calculation includes the 8th grade credits, include the 8th grade year in your answer. If you're only counting GPA from 9th, that's fine too. Just answer it however it fits your convention.