Menu

Anyone want to join me on a 21 day Complaint Free challenge?

Pen

1 hour ago, popmom said:

I'm doing pretty good with this, but I'm experienced lol. Also, I have not read the book, so I'm not official.

no need to read the book!  

1 hour ago, popmom said:

I've been practicing this for years after seeing a lot of venting and blaming going on in my home. I made a decision that would not be me, and I've stuck to it

good for you!

1 hour ago, popmom said:

. I did have a bad night--a mess up. Youngest dd was struggling to get her stuff together for co op the next day. She was in a foul mood and not responding well to me trying to get her to go to bed. It was LATE. I was already anxious for other reasons. My dh was having a drink and relaxing on our screened porch--oblivious lol. I stormed out and said something along the lines of "why am I the ONLY one who parents this child??? There IS more than one ((bleeping))) parent in this house!" Sigh.
Is that a complaint or a loss of temper? Both?

lol sounds like both!  

1 hour ago, popmom said:

It definitely got my husband's attention though because that's not my MO at all-- and he helped me! I don't think the ends justify the means, so I don't plan to make a habit of it. 

that’s probably an advantage of less complainer/ loss of temper.  If u do

it you get noticed!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ausmumof3 said:

I think I had almost the opposite experience where I was kind of brought up not to complain so for a lot of yearsI not voicing or expressing stuff and so DH would just assume I was happy and had an easy life and enjoyed doing everything.  It’s trying to find appropriate ways to express needs that aren’t whiny or passive aggressive but do get stuff dealt with.  

I will admit that this has been an issue for us, too. "It's trying to find appropriate ways to express needs that aren't whiny or passive aggressive but do get stuff dealt with." You hit the nail on the head. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...