Menu

The perfect Covid fitness challenge, lol

ktgrok

4 minutes ago, Pen said:

I don’t get the Dumpster Fire idea.

20 miles in 20 days seems like a good concept

Well, LOTS of people have referred to this year as a dumpster fire. Both politically and because of the pandemic. So it's a reference to that. 

1. A complete disaster.
2. Something very difficult that nobody wants to deal with.
This project is a complete dumpster fire.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dumpster Fire

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pen said:

I don’t get the Dumpster Fire idea.

20 miles in 20 days seems like a good concept

I don't know for certain, but the idea of a dumpster fire is a situation that was wasn't handled correctly. Not just bad, but like the whole thing just went up in flames. 

21 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Well, LOTS of people have referred to this year as a dumpster fire. Both politically and because of the pandemic. So it's a reference to that. 

1. A complete disaster.
2. Something very difficult that nobody wants to deal with.
This project is a complete dumpster fire.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dumpster Fire

21 minutes ago, Tap said:

I don't know for certain, but the idea of a dumpster fire is a situation that was wasn't handled correctly. Not just bad, but like the whole thing just went up in flames. 

1 minute ago, Slache said:

That is because you have never smelled a dumpster fire.

I had not heard the expression. 

I live in an area that has had very terrible wildfires and other fires over this past summer and we are not out of fire danger yet.

we thankfully don’t have any nearby right now, but still have intermittent poor air and awareness of fires still burning.   And signs up about caution still needed. 

I think it makes jokes like not having smelled  a dumpster fire and also the T-shirt image fall flat for me - even after having the meaning explained. 

Just now, Pen said:

I had not heard the expression. 

I live in an area that has had very terrible wildfires and other fires over this past summer and we are not out of fire danger yet.

we thankfully don’t have any nearby right now, but still have intermittent poor air and awareness of fires still burning.   And signs up about caution still needed. 

I think it makes jokes like not having smelled  a dumpster fire and also the T-shirt image fall flat for me - even after having the meaning explained. 

I wasn't joking. Dumpster fires are horrific and toxic. It makes you sick and gets in your hair and doesn't wash out. It's awful. We are in a year of mass deaths, suicide, domestic violence, and bankruptcy. It's a good analogy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Are we doing this? Unofficially? I've been bedridden for almost 18 months and I'm willing to try this. I think I could walk a mile a day.

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

We could gather members, do November 1st-20th. That would give us a week to gather people and be done by Thanksgiving.

I'm in!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

I'm in!

I took an involuntary nap. Did you do a thread? Am I doing a thread?

35 minutes ago, SKL said:

I've been trying to walk 4 miles a day.  But maybe I should try running 20 in 20 or some other challenge.  It's a neat idea for each to tailor.

And not intimidating.

3 hours ago, ktgrok said:

I actually already did this one and have the t-shirt.  😁

From the same group, I've also done the She Wolf Challenge:

She Wolf 100 Mile Challenge - SHIRT ONLY PACK - Now Shipping

the Stir Crazy Challenge...

Quarantine 2020 Stir Crazy 19 Mile Challenge ADULT SHIRT

the Transformation Challenge...

122134805_10221944471099667_1018954996046041671_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=kVzoyrt4DkUAX868H_J&_nc_oc=AQmnC0L2DJTsd5wPOsK6VQMpzOg_F_iQq1NtUPoPPNr1zgj46ZDdS09TionBrjAfWPY&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=3e3b1c86aebdad2f78e9973f1d999483&oe=5FBBEC95

the I Shall Rise Challenge....

No photo description available.

And I started with last year's pumpkin run. 

What can I say?  I'm motivated by tshirts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DorothyNJ said:

I actually already did this one and have the t-shirt.  😁

From the same group, I've also done the She Wolf Challenge:

She Wolf 100 Mile Challenge - SHIRT ONLY PACK - Now Shipping

the Stir Crazy Challenge...

Quarantine 2020 Stir Crazy 19 Mile Challenge ADULT SHIRT

the Transformation Challenge...

122134805_10221944471099667_1018954996046041671_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=kVzoyrt4DkUAX868H_J&_nc_oc=AQmnC0L2DJTsd5wPOsK6VQMpzOg_F_iQq1NtUPoPPNr1zgj46ZDdS09TionBrjAfWPY&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=3e3b1c86aebdad2f78e9973f1d999483&oe=5FBBEC95

the I Shall Rise Challenge....

No photo description available.

And I started with last year's pumpkin run. 

What can I say?  I'm motivated by tshirts. 

I do Beachbody programs for the t-shirts but I'm always embarrassed by my lack of progress and don't send in the pictures. :ph34r:

• Like 1

This is the back of the Stir Crazy shirt.  🙂

I don't get the medals, only the shirts.  Joining even once gets you access to a Facebook group that is actually very encouraging and supportive.  I don't post much but I stay a member.   They also have coloring pages to use to track your distance, a different one for each challenge.  

117429396_1012309685879547_7379313488123255735_n.png?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=UgGMv7-x_fIAX9a498s&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=5f14840ce599aa4308b938d3ccce2220&oe=5FBA5D8B

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DorothyNJ said:

This is the back of the Stir Crazy shirt.  🙂

I don't get the medals, only the shirts.  Joining even once gets you access to a Facebook group that is actually very encouraging and supportive.  I don't post much but I stay a member.   They also have coloring pages to use to track your distance, a different one for each challenge.  

117429396_1012309685879547_7379313488123255735_n.png?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=UgGMv7-x_fIAX9a498s&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=5f14840ce599aa4308b938d3ccce2220&oe=5FBA5D8B

Ooh - thanks for more details! I'm going to have my DD 10 pick one to do!