Menu

Foerster's Algebra 2

What have you used to complete this book successfully?  I will definitely buy the Solutions Manual.  I see there is something called Math Without Borders that can be used with it.  How necessary or helpful would that be?  My dd does not like video instruction.

I just taught the chapters myself but it speaks directly to the student & can be completed without teacher instruction by a capable/self-directed kid, IMO.

I'd just make sure they are understanding & correcting mistakes. I bought a test book but it wasn't necessary really.

Okay, then we'll skip the videos.  Every time I've purchased DVDs for any class it has ended up being a waste of money.  I'll definitely have to brush up on my skills, but I've been doing that with Geometry and we've had no problems so far.  She is a motivated and self-directed student so hopefully this will be fine.

On 10/24/2020 at 8:26 AM, RootAnn said:

IMO, geometry is harder to keep up with than Foerster's Algebra 2. There have been some noggin' scratchers, but we work together on a white board & can usually figure out each other's mistakes.

Good to know!  Geometry has been a fun challenge but I wouldn't say it's a walk in the park.