Menu

I need help with anniversary gifts

Scarlett

I am trying really hard to be more conscious of remembering to give gifts.  I send my niece a sweet handpainted sign for her first anniversary....and my best friend some super cool hand woven (and the thread was spun too) kitchen towels...I had to send her the pics of her towels in progress to make her see how cool of a gift it was.  LOL...

Now coming up I have my good friend's 30th anniversary and my parents 19th.  My friend is about to sell her house and downsize to a camper while they rebuild...she does not need clutter.  But she is also struggling mightily with her health and on a restrictive diet so I don't want to send a gourmet basket of food or anything. I need something simple,  practical...maybe even something for the outside since she will have room outside whether she moves or not.

Parents..well, they have plenty of room but really do not need more stuff.  I am thinking of something like a cute set of coffee mugs about their anniversary....or something about family.  I am also going to include a letter to each of them telling them how much I appreciate them as parents and humans. They definitely won't care if I don't spend a lot of money....they will just want to be thought of.

Any ideas?

Send the letter and maybe a card.  If you feel more is necessary send a gift card for their preferred grocery store.  

If you live nearby, could you make a meal or special treat and drop it off?  That would be far more meaningful than coffee mugs.  Which by the way, I would skip.  Cute or not, most adults already have far more mugs than they need.   

36 minutes ago, Sherry in OH said:

Send the letter and maybe a card.  If you feel more is necessary send a gift card for their preferred grocery store.  

If you live nearby, could you make a meal or special treat and drop it off?  That would be far more meaningful than coffee mugs.  Which by the way, I would skip.  Cute or not, most adults already have far more mugs than they need.   

Oh they do for sure.  LOL.  she just told me they were 'low' in the kitchen on mugs and went to the shop to retrieve some from their collection there.  But they like coffee and they like special mugs.  

But a treat is also a good idea...I can make them a cake or something.

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

Regarding the mugs—is there time for a customized one?  Like, go to the ceramic painting store and decorate a pair with hearts and flowers or linked hearts in their favorite colors?  Or, order one of those photo mugs with wedding pictures?

Yes this is what I have in mind. 

• Like 1

I haven't ever given a friend a gift for an anniversary.   Nobody has ever done that for us either. 

I could maybe see doing it for your parents?  Although I don't have my kids do that.   Maybe when they are adults???   I only want dh to celebrate it.

Mugs you could do a photo one? With their wedding  pictures on it.  Photo calendar?  

3 hours ago, Katy said:

I'd send a card.  It's not clutter, and people can throw it away if they want to, and it doesn't take much space if they want to keep it.

I generally don't acknowledge other people's anniversaries though.

I've never acknowledged other people's anniversaries either. If it's a 50th, I'd be sure to say something/send a card. I've always thought it was weird that my MIL always sends us an anniversary card. 

But, yeah, I also don't know why people feel the need to post on FB Happy Anniversary to their perfect/supportive/amazing spouse. Really? Don't you people go talk to each other IRL? Do you usually use FB to communicate? So bizarre. 

On the other hand, I have no problem sending a gift if I see someone and find the perfect thing for them. No reason, just because. 

• Like 1