Menu

1-800 contacts....opinions please

kfeusse

I haven't used them, but if you get the same brand, they should be. I use Hubble contacts. They are a generic brand of daily wear. I'd say they are not as nice as the name brand daily wear, but miles more comfortable than the weekly name brand ones I was using. I can't afford daily ones if I get name brand, and with my allergies the daily are better. My son uses them too. I asked a friend who owns an eye clinic, and she said they should be fine. 

Yes, I've used them to buy the One-Day Acuvue Moist. I usually get one box of lenses for each eye at the eye doctor when I get a new prescription and then switch over to 800-contacts. I only bought them one time for my new prescription though, because the lenses are a lot more expensive in general than the last time I had daily disposables a few years ago. I've been wearing my glasses instead. I need to watch my finances during the pandemic! Also, the expiration date is a few years out, so they're not sending lenses ready to expire within the year.

I just ordered a year's supply for my college student and did an online check up for him through that website and it was fine.  Exact same contact brand he was getting from our high end pediatric eye doc.  I used to order from them years ago when I wore contacts.  No issues.  

We've used online contact providers before and used Contacts Direct this last time (because insurance allows it now!). We purchase specific brands, and they are the same as the boxes that we get from the eye doctor - just cheaper. 

You do have to upload a copy of your script. And if it is more than a year old, they won't let you buy any. 

I had trouble with them receiving my prescription, and in the mean time I saw an ad for Vision Direct, which was in the UK, cheaper than buying through anyplace else I could find, and didn't require a prescription upload.  I could pay for them with my HSA.  I've been using them for more than 5 years.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Katy said:

I had trouble with them receiving my prescription, and in the mean time I saw an ad for Vision Direct, which was in the UK, cheaper than buying through anyplace else I could find, and didn't require a prescription upload.  I could pay for them with my HSA.  I've been using them for more than 5 years.

I was just going to say this. This is one place that is highly recommended on a group have been in for a few years.  Everyone I know who uses it has always been very happy with them.