Menu

Anyone have an easy way to compare Amazon purchases on Credit Card?

I use Amazon constantly, but one thing that is annoying to me is the way orders are charged to the credit card. If I order 3 things, I might have one charge on my cc, two charges, or three charges. The price of the item shows up on the orders page but not the tax (unless I open the invoice), so it gets a bit annoying trying to figure out the charges. Add in Subscribe and save, or delayed shipments and it gets really complicated to figure out exactly what each charge goes to. 

Has anyone figure out an easier way? I have been double charged before, so I like to keep an eye on it!

• Like 1

When I place an order, I put the order number in the memo line for that transaction in YNAB. The order numbers show up on the credit card statement, so it makes it easier to reconcile.

Edited by purpleowl
  • Like 2

I can see the order number on the credit card transaction, and I copy and paste that into the search box on my orders page, and it finds it. 

I generally go through and match up all the easy ones first, then do that for the ones I can't figure out. 

• Like 1

This is sooooo annoying, and it's a pain to compare invoices.

I like the previous suggestion, but I don't tend to enter my transactions, I work with them after import (yes, I know this misses part of the point of ynab, but it works super well for me :). However, if I happen to have a large order, with many items in different categories, I sometimes do enter it at the time I place the order, with all the split transactions. 

The only other suggestion I can offer is just not to let it get too far behind. Do at least that small part of your budgeting weekly, twice a week, whatever, so the orders are fresh in your mind and there's not many of them.

ETA: I've never noticed order numbers on my cc. I'll have to check this next time! 

Edited by Jentrovert
  • Like 1

Well, we have an Amazon credit card that automatically gives more detail including order numbers in the statements.  Just a thought if you use a debit or just pay off your balance.  You can earn back 5%.  

Edited by FuzzyCatz
  • Like 1