Menu

Have you had any less common hiccups due to Covid?

Tap

4 hours ago, MissLemon said:

I'm having trouble keeping track of time. It feels like time has sped up for me.  I would have expected the opposite, that time would feel like it's moving slower these days, but it's the opposite. 

A weird side effect of this is that I'm forgetting to drink enough water and I got pretty dehydrated.  I felt really awful (tired, headache, bad muscle and joint pain), and had almost convinced myself that I caught covid, but realized that I wasn't drinking nearly enough. It took a full day of setting reminders to drink some water and eat some soup before I felt better.  

This has really messed up our bodies  I think.   Harder to sleep.   All if our normal are just not there any more.  No structure to our days.

The canning lid shortage was the biggest thing for me.  I did manage to "borrow" enough to get the bare minimum put up but now I owe lids all over town and there is still no supply anywhere.  I got a big delayed ordered from Amazon finally, but they are counterfeit lids from China so now I am in a war with the vendor to try to get a refund.  They are all bent, scraped, and very thin.  There is no way I am going to risk trying to use them.

I put library books in the ILL queue pre-pandemic, way back in February, and then forgot all about them.  They just came in as restrictions lifted in my state.  One of them in "Station Eleven."  Yikes!  I may have to stop reading that one!

Camp firewood is in short supply here.  We have been camping on weekends but now all of the campgrounds, gas stations, and side-of-the-road piles are gone.  Kind of hard to camp in 40 degree weather with no firewood!

Dd in a senior and has not been able to take the ACT or SAT.  They keep getting cancelled.  So, she had to change her college application plans.