Menu

Nadine West and other subscription clothing options

ProudGrandma

shopping in my area is super lame and I have heard good things about subscription options like Stitch Fix.  But I can't afford Stitch Fix, so I started looking around at other options and I came across Nadine West.  After looking at the site, and several You Tube videos, it looks good...but I just wanted to ask here and see if anybody has had any experience with this company or any others.  Thanks.

• Like 1

I did Nadine West and stitch fix.  I thought the clothes were really good.  Actually very similar Nadine West sends a lot more jewelry/accessories which I was not really into.  So I sent those back.    Nadine West does make it a little hard to cancel. You have to email and they try to talk you back into it.  I only cancelled because my wardrobe is full.

I started using Nadine West a couple of months ago because Covid has made clothes shopping difficult and I never really like shopping for clothes anyway. 
The clothes seem comparable in quality to what I would buy from Walmart or Kohl’s. The items are a little more expensive, but I have to drive over an hour to shop, so I figure it evens out. I have kept many shirts and some pants. The jewelry always seems expensive to me for the quality, so I haven’t kept any jewelry.  I didn’t keep anything out of my last package, but that was because it was all still summer weight clothing, and summer is over where I live. It didnt seem Like a good idea to pay for tops that I couldn’t wear for many months. I am hoping that they send me some fall/winter clothing in the next package.
The shipping process is simple, and it uses USPS which is god for me. It is much more difficult to return packages via UPS or FedX from here if the package won’t fit in the drop-box. 

I did Stitch Fix, had a great coordinator (or what is their title?) but the quality of the clothes in relation to the price made me think twice.

Are the clothes from Nadine West of better quality without having to pay $200 for a single top?

Edited by Liz CA

1 hour ago, Liz CA said:

I did Stitch Fix, had a great coordinator (or what is there title?) but the quality of the clothes in relation to the price made me think twice.

Are the clothes from Nadine West of better quality without having to pay $200 for a single top?

I dont' know about the quality of the clothes, but the prices are not nearly $200....but for me, unless I think I might want to wear it for years on end, I don't need expensive clothes...styles change, my size and shape have changed....and I would hate to get rid of a $200 top or dress or whatever because I no longer like how it looks on me.  It's much easier to let it go if I paid a fraction of that.  Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

I have done Stitch Fix many times and currently have a fix schedule for end of October. I have also used Nordstrom Trunk Club a few times and Amazon Prime Wardrobe (which does not provide a stylist). My college son has also done Stitch Fix several times and he likes getting clothes that way. 

I am very happy with SF, even though it is not always “perfect.” Sometimes my SF clothes don’t last. Sometimes they send me things that don’t suit me. When they send my son something not right, the problem is usually that it’s too similar to another thing they already sent him before. Right now, SF has a t-shirt with “VOTE” on it, that I really, really want. I love the way the oatmeal shirt with multi-colored VOTE looks and I’m getting a fix 90% because I want that vote shirt before the election. 

Recently, SF has a feature where they send an email that says, “Buy it again in another color!” And you can have them send a piece you have bought before in a different color. I used this to buy my favorite blouse this summer. 

Amazon wardrobe is a nice way to try something out if you are really on the fence. I recently got a pair of vegan “leather” black leggings this way. I absolutely love them! They look so ridiculously tough. I can’t wait to have somewhere to actually wear them, lol! They would be great for a dinner out, but we’re not doing that currently. 

17 hours ago, Liz CA said:

I did Stitch Fix, had a great coordinator (or what is their title?) but the quality of the clothes in relation to the price made me think twice.

I went back and looked at my history with Nadine West. The most expensive top that I kept was $34. Two others were just under $25, and one was $22. I have kept one pair of leggings and two other pants. The bottoms were all under $25. I do feel that the quality is appropriate for the price when convenience is factored in, but I shop cheap. I get most of my clothes at Walmart or Family dollar, and most of those are on clearance. I also buy a lot used at out local thrift store or yard sales. Going to Ross is a splurge for me. 

Edited by City Mouse
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, City Mouse said:

I went back and looked at my history with Nadine West. The most expensive top that I kept was $34. Two others were just under $25, and one was $22. I have kept one pair of leggings and two other pants. The bottoms were all under $25. I do feel that the quality is appropriate for the price when convenience is factored in, but I shop cheap. I get most of my clothes at Walmart or Family dollar, and most of those are on clearance. I also buy a lot used at out local thrift store or yard sales. Going to Ross is a splurge for me. 

so, are you happy with the variety they send you?  How much information did you give them in the beginning in the "what is your style?" box?  I didn't want to give them too much information, boxing myself in to what I think looks good on me, but on the other hand, if I know I won't wear printed pants of any kind, I didn't want them to send those to me when they could send me something I actually might consider.  

11 minutes ago, kfeusse said:

so, are you happy with the variety they send you?  How much information did you give them in the beginning in the "what is your style?" box?  I didn't want to give them too much information, boxing myself in to what I think looks good on me, but on the other hand, if I know I won't wear printed pants of any kind, I didn't want them to send those to me when they could send me something I actually might consider.  

I find something I like in every package even when there are duds in every package. I was very honest in the “my style” box. I worked an online job for many years, and my wardrobe consists of jeans, t-shirts and hoodies. I recently took a job at a school and need work clothes. Most of the items that have been sent fit that criteria. Often they are things I would probably not have chosen on my own, but that is not a bad thing necessarily. 
Size is really the biggest problem. I am in their “x-L” range which they say is size 14-20 for bottoms. I get sent stuff that is too big or too small but has xl tags. When that happens, I do leave detailed feedback on the item. 
I do wish they would send more coordinated outfits. I have a hard time matching items, so I tend to stick with solid bottoms in dark colors and printed or patterned tops. 

Edited by City Mouse

I’ve only had one stitch fix so far, but I’m looking forward to the next. It should, at least in theory, be even more tailored to me, as I go back just about every day to rate styles.

My settings are basically set to “cheap”, and I got 3 tops, a cardigan, and a pair of pants for $130 (plus my $20 fee, and including my discount for keeping all items, which was a better deal than returning the pants.). I feel like the quality for all of the items was better than what I generally pick up at Target, Old Navy, or Kohl’s, but it’s important to point out that I generally buy “athleisure wear” and a few boxy t-shirts and jeans here and there.  I rarely dress up from that, and I know nothing about expensive clothes. I’m just trying to have a few presentable options on hand so I don’t have to panic if I need to be presentable or if I feel like being extra for a pick me up, lol.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Nadine West is good if it's just casual fun you want trying on clothes. I have left consiste t feedback after shipments and they completely ignore it. And they keep sending me jeans, pants, and Long sleeves in June! It's insane.

Last shipment I left the same feedback and made some very specific requests. I wanted shorts, sundresses, maybe summer shirts, and I gave inseam and style requests. They took literally none of that into account. They won't refund the 10$.

To make it worse, they erroneously charged me for Two full shipments at one point but refused to give me a refund. Instead they gave a statement credit, but they still charge the 9.95, and it seems now like they are stringing me along to get their monthly 9.95 and intentionally not sending things I can wear. It is maddening.