Menu

What to do if your tween/teen finds "private" items in bedside drawer

Laineyloo

Well...I don’t think a person is necessarily a true troll (just aiming to pot-stir and gin up nonsense) simply because they join a board and then ask a question that is embarrassing to them. One could do that with legitimate intentions. Or, it is true, it could be a regular member who doesn’t want to post something like that under their regular name. 

In any case, if I got such weird responses to my question (there’s a bunch of “insider jokes”, which is fine; I laugh, too, but from an outsider’s perspective, the answers are weird), I think I would also conclude this wasn’t the place for me and I might as well leave. 

I remember a time I had some difficult, burning questions about the Christian faith, didn’t have people IRL who wouldn’t judge me harshly for asking them, and so I joined on a board. I asked a couple of my questions right off the bat and some people ganged up on me and dismissed me as a troll. Not everybody did, and a few aimed at helping me (it didn’t really work but their heart was rightly placed), but I didn’t stick around there because of the people who called me a troll. They also banned a friend of mine because her UN had the word “deist” in it and “deists aren’t Christians.” So...goodbye. 

2 hours ago, Happymomof1 said:

I guess it could be a troll.  But I could so see myself creating a ghost account and ask a question that I am embarrassed about. She may be reading as a different poster. Who knows. But I would do something like that.

Yeah, could be.   Although most people state that they are regular board members and have created an account to ask about something they want anonymity about.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happymomof1 said:

I guess it could be a troll.  But I could so see myself creating a ghost account and ask a question that I am embarrassed about. She may be reading as a different poster. Who knows. But I would do something like that.

Isn’t it against forum rules to do that without prior permission from the moderators?

• Like 2