Menu

College Board National Recognition Program certificate arrived today.

Congratulations to  your DD and to her extremely proud parents!     🙂  

Now your DD needs to watch her Email Inbox and your Mailbox carefully. The majority of the emails she will discard, but a few of them will be gems. so she needs to read all of them, very carefully, before deleting the email.

I am trying to search my memory for what I learned and where I learned it, when DD qualified.   I do not have an account on CC, but there was a lady there whose DD qualified that year. The woman teaches in a Community College in Phoenix. She had a thread where people could report on offers their students received.    Possibly there is a current thread on CC that you might find of interest.  I found that thread very interesting.

Things change, but in my memory, Florida International University and the University of Kentucky and the University of Alabama Huntsville were very generous. My DD didn't  apply to any of them, but very generous offers were available from them.  There were some "Full Rides" and I think Kentucky was Full Ride the first 2 years and the last 2 years didn't include Room and Board.

Texas A&M had an Automatic Scholarship for NHRP, but when their Financial Aid thing came in I was blown out of the water. It was impossible for my DD financially.   As you know, we are OOS, so your situation with A&M if your DD is interested, will be much different.

Possibly there are Public universities in Arizona that were giving good aid at that time, but my DD had no interest in going to that part of the USA. I believe the DD of the lady who had that thread on CC went to a school in AZ

Much good luck to your DD as she goes through the Application process and all of the other things that are involved!

• Like 1