Menu

Ted Lasso

livetoread

Anyone else watch this? It’s on Apple TV+. Dh suggested it, and I read the premise and shrugged. Sounded okay but not great and kind of stereotypical. I love it. It is so good at taking stereotypical characters/situations and developing them into something so beautiful. It’s hilarious, too. Lots of f bombs for those bothered by that, but overall just heartwarming and lovely.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pen said:

First I heard of it. I am intrigued. 

Apple TV+ involves what? 

Ha, you are asking the most technologically ignorant person around. All I know is it’s a media streaming platform, but I leave how it actually shows up on my TV to my dh. We do have Apple TV, so maybe it comes with that? I’m sure someone can answer better.

6 hours ago, Pen said:

First I heard of it. I am intrigued. 

Apple TV+ involves what? 

Apple TV+ is a streaming service you have to subscribe to, but as streaming services go, is one of the cheaper, and we feel one of the better quality -- their original content is typically much cleaner (less nudity, etc) than others, more detailed stories, more "thinking" and thoughtful shows....we've enjoyed it A LOT. I think the subscription is around $6 or $7 per month. 

You can access it via your computer (and then connect that to your TV with an HDMI cable), or most Smart TVs have it as one of the on-board "apps" you can access. The menu/interface is MUCH better through the Smart TV than through the computer interface, but it works with either (and I think can be streamed via the actual device, through a Roku, through the app on an Apple device, etc.). 

We found the content worth it even when we were going through the computer, even though the interface is dumb that way. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Apple TV+ is a streaming service you have to subscribe to, but as streaming services go, is one of the cheaper, and we feel one of the better quality -- their original content is typically much cleaner (less nudity, etc) than others, more detailed stories, more "thinking" and thoughtful shows....we've enjoyed it A LOT. I think the subscription is around $6 or $7 per month. 

You can access it via your computer (and then connect that to your TV with an HDMI cable), or most Smart TVs have it as one of the on-board "apps" you can access. The menu/interface is MUCH better through the Smart TV than through the computer interface, but it works with either (and I think can be streamed via the actual device, through a Roku, through the app on an Apple device, etc.). 

We found the content worth it even when we were going through the computer, even though the interface is dumb that way. 

Can u watch on computer? 

1 minute ago, Pen said:

Can u watch on computer? 

oh, yes, definitely. We just always hook the computer to the TV so it's bigger 🙂 But you can watch right there in the app on the computer if you prefer. It is just a slight pain to interface with (lots of scrolling to find what you want). 

We watched the first four or five episodes a couple weeks ago and loved it but then forgot about it.  My 16yo watched with me and even she liked it!

It really is such a heart-warming, upbeat show and is a much-needed break from all of the true crime and murder mysteries that I normally watch. Thank you for reminding me of it!!

• 9 months later...

We love it, too. We just finished watching it a few weeks ago, and we are eagerly awaiting the second season. I will mention that there are sexual situations discussed and alluded to in some episodes, though everything risque happens off camera. It's a very joyful show, though there are definitely some sad moments, as well, which ground the show and give it depth. Ted is a delightful character.