Menu

What window treatments are in style now?

sassenach

I have no idea what is in style or not since I choose to purchase what makes me happy/meets my needs with zero thought to "style" because I really don't care what someone else thinks.  (Not meant to sound like a criticism of you if that is important to you just that "in style" is not a factor in any decision making I do so take that into consideration on my recommendation).  Anyways, I've discovered Roman shades and I absolutely LOVE them.  I can open them to any level I wish and it will stay exactly where I put it.  It's not nearly as bulky as curtains and quite easy to clean (mine are all inside mounted so I just give a quick dust 1-2 times a year).  I've got one that is a 3 set and several singles. This is an example of what I have (I just pulled the first link I found so definitely shop around).

https://www.blinds.com/p/bali-custom-tailored-roman-shade/505218

• Like 1

I’m seeing a lot of bare windows (with black frames) but that’s not very practical.

Matchstick blinds seem to be in for the boho crowd. Roller shades are in for the modern crowd. I see a lot of tall and widely hung curtains in the traditional styling....either all white linen or deeply colored velvet (winter) or silky stuff. 

I am not seeing a lot of wood blinds, but do whatever works for you. Bay windows are hard enough to dress. 🙂 

I got some fun blackout curtains for my bedroom bay window.  They are navy blue with silver stars on them.  I doubt they would be considered stylish at all, but I wanted to do something fun for me.  I was very excited to see that they make bay window curtain rods.

I am not a big fan of blinds, but I think you should go with what you want and will make you happy and comfortable.