Menu

need transcript help for part-time homeschooler

My daughter will be graduating from a private school, but she was homeschooled in 8th grade and we have outsourced a few of her classes in 9th-12th grades. I need to prepare a homeschool transcript for the school counselor to submit in addition to her official school transcript that lists the classes that have been homeschooled. All her foreign language courses and one science course have been taken online at TPS. I've done a homeschool transcript for my son who was homeschooled through high school, but I'm struggling trying to figure out the best way to format this one. There won't be any supporting materials in addition to the transcript I prepare, so I feel like the transcript needs to show which schools were taken online and which ones were at home (3 of her 8th grade classes that count for high school credit were at-home classes). Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or examples they've seen?

I would not include 8th grade classes in a transcript, especially since she attended a private high school and presumably has met their graduation requirements.  Plus the private school should be providing a transcript of her high school years.  

No advice on the outside courses actually taken during high school except that it sounds like she took them from the same place.  Can they provide a transcript or record of sorts?

• Like 1

I would do a subject transcript. If her 8th grade courses were clearly high school level math, science or a foreign language that continued into high school, include them. So leave it off if it’s Physical Science, PreAlgebra or a single year of Latin, for example. 

PM me your email and I will send you my subject transcript template. I have a “side 2” that has a spot for “Resources” for each class listed.

• Like 1

Perky: Yes and no about the transcript from the online academy--they can do a signed grade report or an official transcript but it takes 3 weeks for the transcript which won't work since most of her applications are due November 1 (I know, we should have figured this out earlier!). Plus it's $50 for an actual transcript, so I hate to spend the money when I'm just not sure it is necessary. Her current school wants her 8th grade classes included and not all of those are through TPS, so I'm also trying to avoid sending three different transcripts to colleges (especially since the 8th grade one would look light on it's own). 

MamaSprout: I sent you PM. 

Thank you both for your help! 😊

• Like 1