Menu

Any good food blogs or cookbooks?

Calizzy

I find myself going to cooking sites more than cookbooks lately.  Some favorites with reliable recipes (sorry no links they they are easy to find):

Smitten Kitchen 

The Splendid Table

Damn Delicious 

Serious Eats

Epicurious

Food52

My favorite cookbooks are those by Madhur Jaffrey; she is a treasure! Her recipes are reliable, and the introductions to the recipes are fun to read. 

You didn't ask about podcasts, but Dreamergal mentioned Samin Nosrat, so here's this:

https://homecooking.show/ - Home Cooking is a podcast from Samin Nosrat and Hrishikesh Hirway. We want to help you figure out what to cook (and keep you company) during the quarantine!  (that's the description from the site)

Splendid Table also has a long-running podcast/NPR show. 

I also do get a lot of cookbooks from the library, to browse for inspiration. I haven't found one I needed to buy recently though.  

• Like 1

Simply Mama Cooks has a blog, Youtube channel and just released her first cookbook.  Her food is so, so good. And she explains her recipes very well. She has a Mexican American background and her husband is Korean, so many of her recipes are from both heritages. 

https://www.simplymamacooks.com/

Edited by aaplank
Forgot link

Nourishing Traditions by Fallon & Enig- more than a cookbook, lots of info on how to prepare food to make it more nutritious

Almost anything by Ina Garten

Vegetarian Delights by Sheila Mackenzie 

Collection of Mediterranean Recipes

The Salmon Sisters Cookbook - Fishing, Feasting and Living in Alaska

I'm a big time foodie. I love Allrecipes, Clean Eating (magazine), MyRecipes (outhern Living/Cooking Light etc.)I'm a "southerner so some of my fave recipes are from my grandmother's cookbooks. Lot's of church cookbooks or Junior League cookbooks.

eta: That's "Southern Living/Cooking Light". I'm having formatting issues!

Edited by popmom

9 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

I bounce around to tons of food blogs...but I seem to always come back to Budget Bytes. 

Found this list: https://americanfoodbloggers.com/

I'm surprised that I regularly visit many of the top 20. 

I just skimmed this - I have never even heard of the top 3!

Also can't believe I left Simply Recipes off my own list. I love that site. 

ETA: I admit I have a bias against food blogs with cute names. 

I also can't believe The Splendid Table is not on that list. Maybe it's not really a blog but the site for the radio show. 

Thanks for the list!

Edited by marbel
  • Like 1

I haven’t bought a cookbook in ages, but on a whim decided to buy one this weekend (from amazon—arrives today). I had a friend recommend the new Joanna Gaines book because of its bread recipes, so I thought ‘Why not?’ and bought it with an amazon gift card I still had from Christmas.  FTR, I barely even know who she is; I just wanted a good cookbook to peruse and this was easy to buy!