Menu

s/o Dark Chocolate - other similar satisfying treats?

Skippy

I could eat a whole Hershey bar, but am satisfied with a small square of dark chocolate, and I feel like I have had a treat.

Are there other satisfying treats that work this way?

So, milk chocolate is to dark chocolate as [potato chips, ice cream, or doughnuts, etc.] are to ___________?

Kind of along the same lines as ‘a little is enough’. I love those dark chocolate covered almonds with sea salt (I’ve gotten them at Trader Joe’s and Aldi before). If I eat 4-5, I’ve had plenty and feel satisfied. 

I also feel satisfied with a small amount of Fage plain Greek yogurt mixed with frozen cherries and a touch of honey. Kind of an ice cream-ish substitute of sorts. It’s very thick and rich, so a small amount is plenty. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

How in the world do you stop at just 5 of those chocolate covered almonds?!!! 

Haha! I have to count them out and then leave the room with them🤣 I have noticed though that when I’ve allowed myself to just eat as many as I want, that I’ve gotten a stomachache, so that helps. 😬

• Like 1

Bliss balls.  Cocoa, dates. Almonds, honey or maple syrup, coconut blended. Instant energy fix.  Also sometimes when I’m feeling low in the arvo a tsp of honey helps.  Like most natural sweet substances it’s instantly satisfying and doesn’t leave cravings for more.